How long until I have a doctor? Can I just a see a doctor?

I just got my insurance in. I do not have a doctor yet. I have taken a pregnancy test and got a positive. I am sure I am over 10 weeks pregnant.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I mean I just got my insurance in the mail...
    Anonymous

• I would call and make an appt tomorrow
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 10:06 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Make an appt asap k congrats
    Anonymous

• That's good to know and ty btw
    Anonymous

• call an OB's office and tell them that you are a new patient and just had a positive pregnancy test. They will probaly have you come in in the next couple of days and do a repeat pregnancy test to confirm for insurance purposes. After that you will probably have an appointment within 4 weeks. Some people don't get to the doctor until they are over 12 weeks, so call now!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 10:11 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Congrats!

I think that you can start using your insurance before you receive the card-paperwork in the mail, but no matter now, right?
    You can call at any time. Because it might be a little while to get an appointment you might like to call sooner or later.

Do you have a preference for a doctor or are you looking for a midwife?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:02 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• CONGRATS!
    i called the day i got my insurance card and made an appointment for the earliest i can make it
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 2:56 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I am going for a doctor that lives pretty close to where we live. If I am not comfortable with him then I will change of course.

Ty everyone btw.

I am going to make an appointment tomorrow
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• You can start using your insurance before your card comes. Call a doctor and explain what is going on. Also depending on the insurance you might be able to print a temporary card off the internet.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:29 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• personally i would do a lot of research and not just call any old doctor. i would think about what kind of birth experience i want, consider where each OB/midwife attends births (which hospitals/birth centers/home?), and what kind of options they make available. you might want to spend 10 hours this week doing that research and then call your choice. :) the internet really makes this a lot easier. also you can ask for free consultations and meet with them to ask about what kind of options they have during birth. i know it can be more difficult now that you are 10 weeks in but something to consider. :) good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Oct. 13, 2009