Has anyone child ever pulled their dresser ova on them?

My 3 an 5 yr old boys decided they were going to climb on there dresser while i was feeding my 2wk old! Well the dresser ended up falling ova on top of my 5 yr old i ended up rushing him to the hospital because it hit his head hard he had a golf ball size not on his head! He is fine now! I freaked out when my hubby got home i had him remove the dresser from their bedroom! Anyone else ever had this happen? My boys are gonna end up causing me to have a heart attack wit all the stuff they do!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• After reading a story a couple years ago about a 2 year old who died by pulling a dresser over on himself, I had all my dressers latched to the wall, even the small ones. Bookshelves too. You can buy a kit at any hardware store. My husband cut pieces off a couple old backpacks, the heavy duty strap parts and screwed one end unto the dresser and the other end into the stud in the wall. For the heavy armoire in my youngests room, we used 3 straps. Thank God your child is ok!
    Tarinia

Answer by Tarinia at 10:17 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• This happened to my friends kids. They were 1 1/2 and 3 at the time. She had a hamster cage on her daughter's dresser and the kids pulled the drawers out so that they could climb up and look at the hamster. The dresser went over and the kids (and the hamster) went flying. Thankfully the kids were okay, just freaked out by it. I don't think there was a hospital trip involved in that incident (they were lucky).

You're not the only one! How scary that must have been! Thank goodness they're okay.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:53 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• No. My grandson almost pulled OVER a TV stand. So, my SIL bought straps and all that to attach everything to the wall and avoid any accidents.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Oct. 13, 2009