Is it wrong to want something different

I work in retail, the SO and I already live paycheck to paycheck, I have a hard time finding good quality child care for our son. I am not happy with my work I want to do some online schooling and work from home, but I have no idea what to do or even how to get in that direction, living like this know is really affecting me mentally and I am becoming more and more depressed because I feel like I am just not going anywhere I know its hard to find jobs in my area and I know that quiting my job would put more of a financal bind on our family. I also feel like I am being selfish and shouldnt risk it...any tips?

mommyy0920

Asked by mommyy0920 at 10:15 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• Well, you already know if you dont go back to school or something to better yourself, you will be living like this for a very long time......That being said, there are many options in the lines of financial aid available to help you pay for college, or a vo tech program or something that will make you more employable. Are you at all interested in healthcare? There are many programs to get into it easily and short term schooling, like phlebotomy (drawing blood) or as a nursing assistant, and sometimes you can find a nursing home that will train you and give you a job. Im not real sure how well online college works, you have to be very disciplined in your studies, and only you know yourself there. PM me if you want, I know I have a lot more info that wont end up fitting in this box :) I'll be glad to help you in any way I can.
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 10:29 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I understand where you are coming from. I too had to make these big decisions. It's a double edged sword. I wish I could say there is a simple answer. I have some ideas that would allow you to build up some cash flow online so that you can work up the quitting of your job and not just quick cold turkey. Let's chat!

Joy Neva
    Professional Network Marketing Coach
    www.networkinginconline.com

Get more Leads. A New Approach.
    www.prospectinglogic.com
    justfortoday

Answer by justfortoday at 6:48 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• It is not wrong to want a better life for your family. Education is definitely the way to get there. Unfortunately, it sounds like you can’t afford to quit your job without a replacement income.
    Stay away from for-profit schools. They exist, by law, to make money for their owners/shareholders; education is not their priority. When I was in HR, I did not interview candidates from the for-profit schools.
    Start with a community college; they will likely have many classes on line and the credits will easily transfer to a state university.

Have a couple of informational interviews with people in your chosen field to help you determine whether or not this is the right career choice for you.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:55 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• It is normal to always want something better for yourself and your family. That was my initial dream when I started my home business with Arbonne, now my goal is to help others. I can do that now in so many ways, I can teach them to get to where I am financially, I can donate more to charitable organizations, the freedom is amazing. One of my favorite and most satisfying parts about my home business is helping others achieve their financial goals. If I can help you in any way, please let me know.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 8:27 AM on Oct. 13, 2009