What exactly is kosher?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 10:28 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• What is Kosher? What makes some foods kosher and others not? What food preparation methods are necessary to keep food kosher? What is parve? These and other commonly asked questions are answered in the following article authored by Rabbi Joshua Mark, Jerusalem, Israel...     

http://www.challahconnection.com/what-is-kosher.asp

(Thanks for asking, I thought I knew what kosher is, but I learned that I did not.)

agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 11:24 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• It's amazing how many food restriction we christians have isn't it? I mean technically we aren't supposed to even eat meat, because of all the diseases it carries. But then agian I saw a survey the other day that says of ALL the foods that have gotten people ill enough to go to the hospital, leafy greens topped that charts...so yeah... But God does want us to be healthy, that's why we are to be vegetarian :)
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 4:53 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• that's why we are to be vegetarian

Then why did he put your eyes on the front of your head, give you sharp teeth and nails, and a hunting instinct? Your body that you say he created was designed specifically to eat meat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:19 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Just saying what I am being taught. I mean we were vegetarian in the beginning and since meats hurt our bodies today why do we eat them? If we really love God then we would abstain from such perverted appetites. Plus meat affects you more then you think. Do you ever wonder why you're cranky? Sick? Sleepy? Meat cauess these tihngs and more. Also so do spices. Trust me this is hard for me too, but God spoke to our prophet about what he wants. God has every right to change his mind about what he said.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 2:38 AM on Oct. 14, 2009