How often do u need to change the nipples on the bottle and y? :)

Danickasmom

Asked by Danickasmom at 10:39 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in About CafeMom

• So you are asking how often you should buy new nipples right?....

Reccomended? Every 3 months....but here is how I do it....I boil all nipples at least once a week and check for holes...and replace some before 3 months if needed and some wait the three months....of course, when your child gets teeth, you may have to replace them every month cause kids like to chew holes in them...hope this helps
    Mom2LexiNJordan

Answer by Mom2LexiNJordan at 11:01 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Every time you use the bottle you should have a clean bottle and clean nipple because BM or formula can bulid up under the edges of the nipple and get yucky. It would cause bacteria to grow if left like that not to mention it would be just gross.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 10:48 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• i wash a bottle before i use it again, the milk gets old and bacteria grows and could make your baby sick
    Anonymous

• Questioner here :

I have 6 bottles with 6 nipples that I wash and sterilize before I use it...... should I still change the nipples or is that enough?
    Danickasmom

Answer by Danickasmom at 10:53 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I think what you're asking isn't if you should wash them before they're used - correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what you're asking is how often do you have to throw them out and buy new ones, right?

If that's what you're asking, I don't know how often exactly, but I can tell you that what we did with my ds's pacifiers, which is the same concept, is when they started to get a little "tacky" or "sticky" to the touch, or when they started showing signs of wear.

The reason is because they can actually rip or have part of them break off, and then at best you have a mess and a hungry baby, and at worst, the baby can choke on a piece of the rubber.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:09 AM on Oct. 13, 2009