How long does it take to thaw breast milk?

I just had my little boy on the 7th and I have already pumped some milk for tomorrow while I will be at school for about 2 hours. I froze it and I am wondering how long it take to thaw or how do you thaw it out, and how long will it last in the fridge after thawing? My husbands grandmother will be watching him and I want to have the milk thawed out before taking him. Any suggestions or tips. BTw for those wondering I will be feding him right before I take him as well :)

Kikesama

Asked by Kikesama at 10:52 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think it takes about 1 hour per 2 oucnes at room temp... but if you put it in a glass of hot water it doesn't take long at all
    When I would thaw for my son the night before I would just take it out and it would be thawed by morning in the fridge
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:05 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Thankyou :) !
    Kikesama

Answer by Kikesama at 11:07 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I babysit for my neighbor and when she brings it frozen in a zip lock bag, I just thaw it in a glass of hot water, and it only takes a couple of minutes. (Which is GREAT, since I can't feed him any other way, LOL!) BTW, they make this COOL breast-type bottle that she uses. I think it was about $15 but the baby really likes it. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2968120 It's shaped & feels similar to breast. Toys R Us.

doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 11:26 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• BTW, Congratulations!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 11:27 PM on Oct. 12, 2009