What will get my husband to take out the trash!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Shame on him. Is he a bum or a boob? A woman with a man should not have to take out the trash. What a flake--and you can tell him I said so!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:10 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• If he would agree that it was his job, is all I can think of. It may mean that you need to list the jobs each of you do and have him agree.

Answer by Bmat at 10:56 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Tug on his tool. ;) Yank it. & say, Go take out the trash.

kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 11:36 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• This works for me only because I hate his truck.....

If it gets too bad I'll set it on his seat so that he has to deal with it.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:37 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I agree with lstrickland. I would put it on the drivers seat of his vehicle in the bag the first few times but if it continues tell him you will start dumping it all in there without the bag if he can't seem to take it out on time.

mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 7:21 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Take it out yourself. It's not that hard, is it?

But, if you really want him to take it out, ask him sweetly. Then walk away. When he does take it out, catch him and kiss him and thank him for taking care of that job for you. Sound sincere.

Seriously.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 7:35 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Wow, I feel sorry for the husbands that have to put up with women like you. I agree with May-20. Why can't you take it out yourself? I mean seriously, how hard is it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• When that is one of the jobs that the husband has around the house I am sorry but the above suggestions are right on!

Those of you suggesting that the wife should just take it out for him would you also allow your children to ignore their chores and do them for them? What kind of example is that setting for the children? If you are old enough to be a husband you are also old enough to live up to responsibilities, no matter how flip they may seem.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Anon 9:20, I am sorry, but my husband and I are partners. If I see that the trash is piling up, I don't nag him to take it out, I just do it myself. If he sees that I have a lot of groceries to carry in, then he will help me. It is called teamwork, and that is setting a GREAT example for my child. Those wives who throw garbage in their husband's truck on the other hand are the ones teaching their children a bad example. I am sorry, I have more respect for my husband than that.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• It has absolutely nothing to do with respect. If your child has a chore to do and continually does not do it what do you do? Do you just go ahead and do it for them? If one does not do their chore their is a consequence. As in life if we do not do what we are responsible for consequences do occur. Teaching one that someone else will always clean up their mess for them is a horrible example and will only lead to problems later in life.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Oct. 13, 2009