Is this just my pregnancy hormones blowing things out of proportion or do I have a right to be mad...

So we live in a duplex and we got new neighbors about a month ago. They have a dog (min pin/chihuahua) and that little rat barks ALL day from 7am til they bring him in at dark and have him on a leash thing outside their door...they also beat and bang all tine and it sounds like ppl are wrestling or moving furniture everyday...what I'm so PISSED about is a few minutes ago I was watching a DVD an it got to the end credits and the music was a little loud so I turned the tv back to cable and was in the process of turning the surround sound to cable and try had the nerve to eat on the wall and yell for me to turn it down. I am PISSED bc the 6 hours a day I'm awake while at home (I work 1st shift) I make no noise. Am I hormonal and over reacting or do I have a right to be mad. I'm saying something to the landlord definitly bc were bot supposed to have pets. I want to let the dog off his leash and call the dog catcher...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well if where you are its really hot out and that dog is on the leash like you say all day and no food or water... you can call the SPCA just as a concerned person.

i would call the landlord personally like tomarrow and let him or her know whats been going on.

if it was me i would go over there and tell them that they need to be quietier and you know they just moved in and its going to take some time to settle in but its a little much, and tell them you dont appreciate them banging on the walls telling you to turn your stuff down and say it was up to drowned out the noise of them.
    kristi_prncess_

Answer by kristi_prncess_ at 11:08 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• OP- They take care of the dog and it's been in the 50's here so I can't call anyone on them. I'm not usually the type to complain about stuff but he drives me nuts and I've actually been over there twice over him and all the woman done was took him in the house for the rest of the day and it was back to the same thing the very next day. I'm going to say something to the landlord tomorrow, I'm just the type who is always afraid to do or say anything bc some ppl are psycho and would do mean stuff to you if you were to say something to them or the landlord. My dad had a problem with their neighbors dog trying to attack my little sister on my dads property(and they live out in the country) and the neighbor got mad bc after the 3rd time my dad threatened to get the sheriff out there so the guy slit my dads tires.
    I'm 6 months pregnant and eveything seems to be intensified by like 10x bc my hormones and I was FURIOUS when they be
    Anonymous

• Wanting to call the dog catcher might be a little more pregnancy rage related.

Wanting to call the landlord - sounds pretty normal tenet related.

.hmmmmm, maybe you should talk to your landlord about getting some more sound absorbency in your wall....between your baby crying in the night, and their dogs, you'll both be driving each other crazy soon enough.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 11:31 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• i understand im 38 weeks so the hormore thing i completely get unfortunately when my feance and i would get into it he called me phyco because i could go from up in his face screaming and yelling to crying to the point where i was on the floor like a child. so i understand. but you cant be scared its the landlords job to make your living sittuation more comfterble and he agreed to put those tenants in there ... and you want to irritate them. go over there EVERY day about the dog eventually she will get the hint the dog goes outside to piss and poop and run around for a minute then comes back in ... she can take the dog for a walk to get its energy out. you dont have to deal with it.

dont be scared about crazy neighbors because the ones that messed ur dads tires up did it cuz it was the country and people cant prove anything out there theres too much area and space .
    kristi_prncess_

Answer by kristi_prncess_ at 11:36 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• man i know how u feel i lived in a duplex before i moved into my house and the people next door to me made noises all the time and I was prego with my son at the time and it was crazy and when I had my son they would beat on the wall because he was crying.. Come on and the Lord lady told us that we had to move because they baby is to Loud... What that is a new born baby.. I was so mad she gave us 30 days to get out.. Thank God I did.. Its not a pregnancy thing you need to talk to the lady of the house and let her know what is going on..

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:42 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• had a women who was buligerantly being rude to me an being loud but when i was loud i had police at my door an shit so i would find u a new home those neighbors are no good an they ll keep doing it til thety run u outta ur own home like my old neighbors did to me but now i got a town house bigger better an no mean neighbors good luck an worse gets to worse unleash that dam dog an for ur excitement wach that dam bitch of a neighbior yours chase the dam mut lol!!!
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 11:56 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I wouldn't go as far as letting the dog off the leash, but I would call and tell them that the dog is being mistreated. You can also file a complaint about them disturbing the peace. It doesn't matter what time of day it is, if they are being a pain in the butt, then something needs to be done. Talking to the landlord is a good step, but honestly, he will probably only make them get rid of the dog. Probably wouldn't do any good about getting the noise to stop. If the complaints don't stop, then I would do it right back to them. I think you have a right to be upset. Hell I would be livid.

Punky_1981

Answer by Punky_1981 at 12:48 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• All I have to say is you were there first! I can't relate but I can only imagine. People are just insensitive. As suggested call your Land Lord if your Land Lord is the typical type who doesnt care lol then I would say take it a step further and contact someone re: the dog. Or talk to the owners with someone for witness sake and just so you dont put your self in a possible hostile postion. They seem rude to begin with. better yet talk to your neighbor with the landlord.
    brkr082005

Answer by brkr082005 at 4:18 PM on Oct. 13, 2009