my husband is very short and snotty with my daughter

he is not overly fond of her boyfriend of 1yr 8mos and gets anoyed when he is over a lot of the time.other times he has no problem with them. he has not been very good with her her whole life. they are very a like in many ways but she feels her is mean to her a good part of the time.he doesn't understand why she doesn't like him . he has said go f off to her and has said f your boyfriend .i have said you need to treat her nicer or you will push her away. I am not overly happy in the marriage myself. s i got maried young and i don't want her to run off. she is just 18 and boyfriend will be 21 any ideas????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• Well , If you are not happy at home and neither is your daughter , then maybe you both should move out. If he has been mean to her ( and you I am guessing) for a long time then it is time to take back your life and move on. Nobody needs negativity in their lives. It is a major decision , but I would think on it .
    TakeNoticeNow

Answer by TakeNoticeNow at 11:27 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I think it's horrible that your husband has said those things to your daughter, and about her boyfriend. No wonder she doesn't like him. I wouldn't either. I would probably smack him if he said something like that to me. Put yourself in her place. She is going to get out of that house any way she can, as soon as she can. Maybe you should take the first step, and leave if you aren't happy, and take her with you. You don't want her running off and getting married just to get away from her dad. The situation isn't going to get any better. Good luck in whatever you do.

Punky_1981

Answer by Punky_1981 at 12:42 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• She's somewhat of an adult. now you should really let her have her choice of whom to date. and just hope everything goes well with them. You should trust her with her choices. Tell dad that she's not a little girl anymore. and to let her make her mistake herself if thats what he thinks she's doing.that way she'll learn from them. gl
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:07 PM on Oct. 15, 2009