Anyone has copper IUD?

How did it work out? Any side effects?

cristinaberger

Asked by cristinaberger at 11:05 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Health

• I had a copper IUD and it didn't give me any side effects.Only problem was that my body "rejected" it and so it slipped down . Luckily I had it checked , ( sixth sense I think) , else I would probably have ended up pregnant. However I know quite a few women who have used it for years without any problems. I liked the idea of the "Copper" as it is chemical free. Now I am back to BC's till I can afford to have another one put in! My doctor says when this does happen it is likely to happen in the first year of having IUD inserted.
    TakeNoticeNow

Answer by TakeNoticeNow at 11:22 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I have a friend that had one and had a huge, severe allergic reaction to it. She is allergic to gold jewelry. After the dr figured out what was going on she said that anyone who has trouble wearing gold earrings (itching, irritation, etc) should NEVER get the copper IUD. If you have no issues with gold, then it is a very effective BC option. It is painful to have put in. The amount of pain depends on how sensitive your cervix is. But after its inserted, you never feel it.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:26 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• i have it and it works great. sometimes really bad cramps before period, but ibuprofen and 30 min nap takes care of them.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:29 PM on Oct. 12, 2009