Do you hate Halloween?

I am new in this country so Halloween is new to me, but my neighbors told me they hate it, but still celebrate it because of the kids. I think that's stupid. The kids will learn to be fake as well. I have to make up my mind about it before my toddler turns 3 (next year). If I decide to hate it, I will not allow it.

cristinaberger

Asked by cristinaberger at 11:08 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• Halloween is really the celebration of All Hallow's eve. All Hallow's day is when you honor those relatives that have passed on before you. The night before one dressed up to scare off the evil spirits.

America has made it a holiday about having fun. A lot of churches have trunk or treat so that the kids can trick or treat with people you know and trust. it isn't about lying it is about pretending and there is a difference

mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 11:30 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I don't like halloween, I think it's evil, I don't let my kids dress up and trick or treat.
    you should google the history of halloween
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:08 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Halloween is fun. Unless we have snow and cold temperatures and that happens often here in Minnesota. But the kids and the parents in our neighborhood dress up and have fun.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 12:13 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• There are some religions that don't allow Halloween. Personally, I don't have a problem with it. I always enjoyed it as a child, because for me it was a chance to dress up and be something I wasn't the rest of the year. Kids don't think about the history of Halloween, or anything like that. They just know it's a time for them to dress up, and have fun going out. And they get candy, which is the main reason I guess that most of them do it lol.

Punky_1981

Answer by Punky_1981 at 12:38 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• My dad has always hated halloween. But he made sure that we knew it. My mom loved it and thats why we still dressed up. But we were never allowed to go to a halloween party or have one of our own.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 7:41 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Why would you bother to "hate" a holiday? Dosen't make much sense to me. Halloween is what you make of it. If people have thier religion threatened by little kids dressing up for fun and getting free candy, and carving pumpkins, well then they must not be very strong in their convictions. I consider myself Christian. I don't let Halloween, or Jewish Menorah's weaken my faith. I don't worship Satan and Halloween won't make me consider it. It is for the kids and fun people, jeesh lighten up Francis! Why can't people just have fun and let others have their own religions and go about their business? Do you think Jewish people think a 2 thousand yr religion will be brought to its knees by someting as silly as a Fir tree with lights on it...I think people really need to grow up!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:15 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• i loveeeeeeeee halloween but dh was raised thinkling is evil!!! pisses me off so i cnat celebrated and i hate actualy during halloween amd a total bitch to him he knoew why so he doesnt say much to me. we do dress teh kids up and go to harvest fest at church so they do have fum but halloween has always been my fav holiday
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:37 AM on Oct. 13, 2009