When you see a young mother what do you think? Honestly?

I am 22 with 2 beautiful daughters. A 2.5 year old and a nearly 8 month baby. I always wonder what people think when they see me, I look kinda young lol. And I read a lot of posts on here that look down on younger mothers. Granted I am well aware that there are quite a few young mothers that are neglectful or abusive or just lousy. I am proud to say I am not one, I am a great mother if I do say so myself. But I really would like to know what people's first impressions of young mothers is. Not to start and inflammatory post, just out of simple curiousity.

SweetPea05

Asked by SweetPea05 at 11:16 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Young mothers is I meant are lol!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 11:16 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I'm 22 with a 2 year old and 2 month old, I'm also 8 weeks pregnant.

People always have nasty opinions. Judging.
    But they don't always know I have a husband of 2 years who I've
    been with 11 years prior. & How much I love my kids.. see what I'm saying ?

I think the world of young mothers, any mother: as long as they take care of there
    children; you know. I think your an awesome person. Keep on keeping on! ;)
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 11:20 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I'm 28 and I look really young. I have one 7 mos. old. I notice women looking at me and then checking my ring finger. Too bad I'm a grown woman! I see young mothers/young pregnant women a lot on my way to work and I honestly feel sorry for them. But I"m talking like, teenagers. My own mother was only 21 when she had me. Back then women had kids in their young 20's, late teens and that was very normal. Nowadays people have kids when they are in their 40's like it's nothing. I say I feel bad for young mothers, I also look at older mothers a little askew, too and wonder, wow why did you wait so long!
    Anonymous

• (and take care of them of course) lol
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 11:21 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Anon- I got married at 18 had my first at 19 almost 20. So I would get the how long have you been married? (over a year then) and how far along are you kind of thing, trying to figure out which came first, marriage or baby carriage lol. I will just say now it was marriage :D. And Thank You Kerri good luck sounds like you will have a handful!!!!!! :D Glad to hear from another young mother thank you!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 11:24 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Your welcome! :)

My husband wants 5! LOL.
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 11:27 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Actually I don't wonder at all, lol.....I hate it when people think a young person with young kids is the parent!
    When I was in my 20's I did childcare for 2 extra kids so there I would be with 5 kids under 6 shopping and people would comment on what a good mom I was ........I was even thought of as a teen mom at the age of 14 because i was pushing a baby in a stroller....I was babysitting!
    Anonymous

• I had my dd at 21, and i used to get that all the time. people would tell me you know you guys are really young and he's probably not going to stick around anyways. someone even suggest that I have an abortion so that I can finish school. Luckily, I didnt listen to anyone, because, now my dd is 14yrs old my husband is still here after 16yrs of being together and now we have a happy toddler. so who cares what people are thinking when they see you. People need to stop being so judgemental.
    Anonymous

• Its honestly not really that I even care, I am extremely happy. I am just honestly curious as to the general consensus :D
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 11:50 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• ME TOO!  I had my son when I was 19 turning 20.  I got pregnant with my daughter shortly after.  And now I'm 23 and in labor again, lol.  I don't think anything one way or another about young mothers, to be honest.  I don't ever think "oh she's young so she must be an idiot" or whatever stupid crap people think, lol.  I met my future husband when I was 15 and have been with him ever since.  Sometimes though, when I see teens like 12 or 13 who are having kids my heart breaks for them though.   In a motherly way, not a judgemental one. 

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 11:53 PM on Oct. 12, 2009