What is the best way to keep your home clean?

Asked by jamie8506 at 5:24 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I joined the group fluttering flybabies and it has been a god sent. They start ya out with baby steps. It is easy, fun , funny and motivating...but most of all it works. I said that it would take a team of experts to help me to get my house cleaned and it did. They know what they are talking about. Good Luck!

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 11:28 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• If you mean general cleaning...then we do certain chores on a set day of the week. The kids have their day to do their laundry. We all pitch in on kitchen clean up after supper....that's the best idea I have had & it seems to really work for my family of 5 w/ 2 parents working full time out of the home.

Answer by scrapin831 at 5:29 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Well this is a million dollar question lol!! I have a husband and 2 kids a 2yr old and 1 yr old. I SUPER clean on Sunday while my husband takes the kids to the park for about 2 hours. And then during the week I clean after dishes and clean while the baby sleeps. I don't vaccum daily cause the baby is scared of it, lol! but I do the sweeper on it. I mop only on Sunday's as well. It is crazy, But I don't believe in kids doing house chores, as far as the adult chores. I mean my 2 yr old will pick her toys and stuff in her room but only I clean the house. My husband takes the kids to the park everyday for an hour and I get dinner ready then. sometimes it is crazy cause I don't work and am chasing 2 kids all day, but it works for us. good luck

Answer by 1boy1girl4me at 5:47 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Don't live in it. But seriously, like the PP stated do a good cleaning once a week and spot clean throughout the week. I make an effort to keep things put up after we are done with them.

Answer by dndmomof4 at 5:50 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• hire a maid! lol but really though when you figure it out let me know!!!

Answer by kittygurl1234 at 6:49 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• When you say clean do you mean no sticky floors or do you mean clutter-free? like many other moms, i have a set schedule i keep to. momday wednesdays and fridays i do all the common areas with dusting and sweeping or vacuuming. and tuesdays and thursdays i do bedrooms and rooms that might not get used everyday. Saturday mornings i usually do any extreme cleaning that needs to get done (usually before anyone is awake!) since i do clean a lil something each day, i dont spend much time on it. as for clutter, i keep big decorative trunks or baskets in almost every room. When things are looking a lil messy i play a lil basketball either by myself or with the kids to try and get all the toys or shoes that are lying around into the trunk or basket. Then once a week we go through those things and put in its appropriate spot. i also do laundry almost every least one load. that way i never get backed up.

Answer by michelleleea2 at 7:58 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Keep things picked up. That's the big key. Make sure everyone picks up after themselves. And if you have to clean in spurts. Clean a bathroom one day, the kitchen sink another, dust your living room during a commercial on TV etc.

Answer by Sarvin4 at 5:28 PM on Jun. 20, 2008