I swear Im gonna kill myself.

So I know this might sound bad, but I have been so stressed out lately (just about life in general) and I have been pretty moody. Well today my DS who is 2 years old, started pushing all those wrong buttons and I got so upset/mad that I felt anxiety just coming over my body! I also felt the need to kill myself. (I didn't try so don't worry) But I felt so stressed out and upset that I just wanted to run away or die.
What can I do to "calm" myself down during those times?
TIA

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Health

• Have you maybe talked to your Dr about an antidepressant? I was feeling much the same way, life was just getting so overwhelming and I didn't know how much more I could take. Well at a checkup with my OB I was telling her all that was going on, and she put me on proozac. I feel like myself again, it doesn't really alter me it just makes things feel so much less overwhelming. I know how you feel and I strongly recommend talking with your dr!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 11:32 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• When this happened to me , I went to the store( walmart of course) and bought some "st Johns wart" which is a natural remedy that helps create a calmed state of mind . You take it as a supplement every day. Basically it is a natural "anit-depressant" . You may be a bit overwhelmed, is there someone who could look after your child for a day or two while you re-evaluate you life and make some plans for the future? Sometimes we just want to run away but just know that ,although it seems unlikely now, When you see all the accomplishments your daughter will achieve because you make the right decisions, you will know that all the frustrations have been worth it! Feel free to write me if you just need to chat. I've been there and survived.
    TakeNoticeNow

Answer by TakeNoticeNow at 11:37 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I agree if this is just a sudden thing try to treat it naturally. The correct spelling is St. Johns Wort.
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 12:41 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• You know, anytime I come across a mom with the stress level you have I always say go to the doctor. This is what I, as a person who has dealt with this herself would have them do, run a full blood screen and a thyroid test, also run an autoimmune panel.
    Believe it or now there are a lot of physical illnesses that make you feel crazy. Severe hypothyroidsim is one.
    I really hope you seek a real doctor. I am trying to give you some ideas, but there is nothing like a full work up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Oct. 13, 2009