• In the Spotlight:

Astoria, Oregon

My fiance and I were thinking about moving to Astoria, Oregon (we currently live in Vancouver, Washington) because we love the small town atmosphere, and the price is right. However, we keep getting told that it's not a good place to raise kids. Does anyone live in Astoria, and if so, do you have any input? If not, any other suggestions for where to move to on the Oregon or Washington coast?

prinzesstephi

Asked by prinzesstephi at 11:34 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'd suggest Grant's Pass. It's got a small-town feeling, with all the conveniences of a city. Hubby is from there, and that's where we're looking to move within the next few years, so we can be closer to his family. :)
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 11:38 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Puget Sound area of WA state is nice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:06 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I have no idea why Astoria wouldn't be a great place to raise kids! Its a cute little town. I would prefer Cannon beach OR but I think its much more pricey. Maybe people say that because kids get bored and dabble in drugs and drinking as adults?
    eammarx

Answer by eammarx at 10:45 AM on Oct. 13, 2009