I want to jazz up my living room. My whole house is taupe. My sofas are brown. what color should I paint the walls? my living room is only 13x17. any ideas. thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I agree with PP. We have brown sofa and just painted blue. For some pop I added red and brown stripe pillows and red throw.
    yldflwr

Answer by yldflwr at 6:36 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• a light smokey, slate blue. I love blues and browns.
    Anonymous

• We have brown leather furniture, we just painted a brownish, coppery color and we accent with bright colors and earth tones. I'd say to spice it up you could always go with a rich, vibrant red. More of a fire engine red than a cranberry. You could then accent with red and neutral tones like cream, black and darker browns.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 7:44 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Sometimes painting just one wall as an accent is best. Then add some matching throw pillows. Since it's just one wall, it's easy to switch up every 6-8 months. I like burnt orange for fall and the cold weather. then slate to cool things down in the spring and summer.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:08 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Oh how fun and terribly exhausting to pick ONE color! lol I am not sure of your style but here is what I did....I went to Target and found something that I liked and matched it at the paint store. Or is there an item in your home that you love? Just remember, if it doesnt turn out quite what you thought, it still is going to look way better than what it was before! Have fun.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 6:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2009