Myths on the White Owl

So my Husband just hit a white owl on the freeway. He is driving back to Texas right now, and txted me to let me know..He said that owls were bad luck. So i just googled it, and so far i have found that owls..specifically the white owl is the messenger of death. Does anyone have any input on this? Im just curious..I have always thought owls were messengers of wisdom.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Any other owl symbolizes wisdoms and spirits
    but the white owl is the only one that symbolizes darkness or black arts such as;
    can also be used as a symbol of spirituality, the angel of death, or the goddess of night,

lmao my mom and i were just talking about this earlier so it still fresh in my head
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 1:11 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I see white owls on the freeway all the time, and have seen several on my road but there is never any accidents or anything, of course I know it doesn't mean accidents every time.. I haven't heard to much about them being a symbol of death, I guess it could be, just depends on how superstious you really are. Hope everything works out. I wouldn't stress about it to much. Sometimes these things are just a fluke that happens :)

Punky_1981

Answer by Punky_1981 at 1:33 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I just kept hearing Hecate in my head as I was reading this.
    Any other ideas ladies? I am off to try too google now.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 12:01 PM on Oct. 13, 2009