How do I get my son to stop pinching me?

I'm not sure if he is trying to get my attention, show affection, or just be mean. I've told him he hurts mommy, and he understands being disciplined. He won't pinch his Nonnie, Granddad or Uncle.

mommyashttm

Asked by mommyashttm at 1:13 AM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When my son did that, I'd send him away from me. I told him Mommy doesn't like that, and if you can't be near me and not pinch, then you have to go away. He stopped pinching me for good within a week.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 1:16 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I make my kids pinch themselves when they are pinching mommy. I loudly tell them "pinch yourself" and help them pinch their own arm. It really does work.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:16 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I would try method # 1 from NightPhoenix and if that doesn't get results, try method #2 from Nathskitten. Method #2 will definately be affective. Definately. Good luck, all kids go through something. Post back if they bite. Method #2 works great with that as well if it is a continuing prob. Go for method #1 first, unless he is biting all the kids in daycare, the cat, the dog, then go directly for method #2!!!! Good luck!!!!
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 1:54 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I would pinch him back not too hard but enough to let him know how it feels and tell him that is why you don't pinch mommy
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:22 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I was going to say the same thing as Looovemybabies pinch back .every time he pinches you., he might not like how it feels and he might stop pinching.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:55 AM on Oct. 13, 2009