bleeding in first trimester

i went to the doctors today because i had a little blood spot, the dr said not to worry that its normal in first trimester. Did you bleed in ur pregnancy? How much and for how long?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i may be wrong, but I disagree with the doctor who told you not to worry. when I was pregnant, one of the first things they told me was that if i bled, even a little, to go to the hospital. i also was recently in the ER because of my 6 month old's flu, and the girl in the room next to me was 5 weeks pregnant and spotting. she told me that they gave her ultrasounds and bloodtests to make sure the fetus is ok. so i think you should worry!! get a second opinion.
    Bernie19

Answer by Bernie19 at 1:33 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• i did, if anything was wrong you wouldnt stop spotting and it would be heavier by now. Theres alot of reasons ladies spot in early pregnancy. Its normal
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I am 12 weeks 5 days prego and I went in to the er a few days ago with some spotting and they listened to the baby's heartbeat which was still normal. They still told me it was a "threatened miscarriage". The doctor told me 80% of women who have spotting in the 1st trimester go on to have a healthy full term pregnancy. I would ask for an ultrasound to make sure everything is okay if it's too early to hear the heartbeat via doppler. So even if they still hear the heartbeat there is still a chance you could miscarry, but your risk is a lot lower once a heathy HB is detected. As far as being normal, I wouldn't go that far but it does happen sometimes. Some women even continue to bleed monthly during pregnancy. Very rare and not technically a period. Just try to drink lots of fluids, don't do any thing too stressful on your body and ask your doc to keep close watch on you. Also my doc put me on "pelvic rest". No sex, douching, etc
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 2:04 AM on Oct. 13, 2009