What happens if you have sex within 6 weeks of having a baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Whats with this question being asked so often lately lol i have seen it a few times in the past few days.
    not bashing just stating i hadn't heard this question so much until lately.

anyway. :) you can get pregnant women are more fertile right after having a child. and you can get an infection.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:43 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I had sex after a month, but I didn't tear at all during childbirth, and we used condoms.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 1:51 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• i wouldnt, my best friend did at 3 weeks and she had to go get restitched and ever since then when she has sex she says it hurts i would just say wait and if not be careful and use a condom because ur super fertile after a child
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Maybe nothing. But then again, as some of the pp's said, there's a much higher chance of getting pg again. There's also a very high chance of getting an infection. I'm not saying you or your partner are dirty or anything, but the thing is, it takes about 6 weeks for everything inside to heal up / close up, etc. - EVEN after you stop bleeding (look at it like this - say you have a cut on your arm - just because it stops bleeding and scabs over doesn't mean it's healed, right?)

Also, you can tear / damage any areas that were stitched.

Not to be mean, but honestly, I would just wait - really and truly, 6 weeks, even if you've waited the last couple of months of your pg, really isn't that long to wait when your health is at stake - especially when there are other ways, besides intercourse, that you can be intimate together.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:31 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• as long as your stitches are healed and if you look down there you can tell i had sex 3 weeks after i had my DD
    RIP.Caleb

Answer by RIP.Caleb at 1:45 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• The risk of infection isn't just where you might have torn / been cut. It's also up inside you, in your uterus and cervical area. That's not something you can see. It doesn't mean that you WILL get an infection if you have sex early, but that there's an increased risk of it.

Again, I would wait. Believe me, I know it can be hard to "go without" - lol, my dh is military and when he's been deployed, we've gone without for a loooonnnng time - but honestly, 6 weeks isn't too long to wait when you're talking about your health.

I had a uterine infection after my ds (not from sex, but you can get them from that), and believe me - they aren't fun - I was re-admitted to the hospital and spent 2 nights there (without my baby), in a lot of pain and on meds. No matter how good the sex is, having it too soon is NOT worth that.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:20 PM on Oct. 13, 2009