Food stamps

Can I get a loanstar card? ((Thats what a food stamps card is called in texas))
I am sixteen I make the eligible salary but my mother has a card she says I cannot get one because I am not ahead of household but I always have to ask to buy something for my two babies that ARE ON THE CARD its ridiculous I have my own family I dont see why I cannot get one. If not could I apply under my boyfreinds household he is apart of my family too.??????????? Any Teen mom have one , if so tell me how!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• do you live with your mother?
    i know in the state of arizona where i am, until you turn 22, they go off the income of everyone in the home.
    and when i lived with my mother, i couldnt qualify because she made so much, now i can qualify because i live with just me and my bf. if your state has an age like my state does, it will go off of everyones income that is living with you.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:53 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Sorry but your mom prob feels that you are 16 with 2 kids and not responsible enough to have your own card and make decisions for yourself. Sucks, I know but a reality. You need to concentrate more on finishing school and educating yourself well enough so that you can support your kids on your own. I wish you the best of luck......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I don't know about Texas, but in Wisconsin and Minnesota, it's one card per household. It doesn't matter how many adults are in the household, their ages, etc. The total number of people living under one roof is the family size, the total income of all adults is the income, and the comparison of those two determines eligibility. The only way you'd get your own card is if you lived in your own apartment or house. Applying under your boyfriend's household would be fraud, and if you were caught you'd be looking at fines or even jail time.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• If your name is on a power bill, water bill, lease, etc. then it's worth giving it a try and applying.. but damn girl! 2 kids at 16?? are they twins?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:18 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• yea i think the ONLY way you can get it for just yourself and children if you are still living at home is to have your mother write a letter stating you are buying and preparing your own meals seperatley....but even then EACH state is different...in some states that wont even matter....it goes by the entire household income and size...so if your kids are on that card that must be the way it is....so there isnt anything you can do.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 7:25 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• one card for each house.
    they arent going to give you 2 cards for one house hold
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Ok she asked a question about FS not asking for yalls opions on her age and how many kids she has.
    There is a web site you can go onto and apply or at least see if you qualify.I'm not sure what its called but I'm sure you can google it.
    kat247

Answer by kat247 at 8:36 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• one card for each house.

Yes they will.My SILs lived toghether and both of them had one and they were being honest about living together.So I know the office knew they were both living there.IDK maybe its diff for diff states but I know they did.
    kat247

Answer by kat247 at 8:39 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• i know in florida if you are under 22 and live with your parents you cannot get a card. No matter what. I'm sorry hon! I think it's stupid also
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 9:14 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• you dont have to have an income to get them. I dont know if there is a age limit. My sister just told them that she lives with someone who wants her to provide her own food. They wanted to know the income of the household though. And its not one card per household. My friend and her niece were getting them for the same house. Now if someone else in the house gets them it might affect how much they give you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Oct. 13, 2009