HELP Please tell me it will go away!

We were at a friends house earlier this year and my 4 year old and their 4 year old boy got caught in the bathroom shwoing each other their private parts and I asked my daughter what she thought she was doing and she said we are palying the peepee game. Nothing like this had ever happened before I was mortified she said the little boy asked her to take her pants off and show him her privates. This was in early 2009 now starting a few months ago she asked one her little friends if he wanted to play the peepee game and he immediatly came to his mom and I and told on her Thank goodness now she does this all the time to random people and I am completely embarrassed and sad that she does this. How do I make it stop! I have talked to her nicely about it and explained that it is inappropriate and I have punished her for it her daddy has talked to her about it I'm at my whits end. What is your advise on how to deal with this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Go out to the library or bookstore and get some children's books on human anatomy.There are some really good ones out there. Show her the different parts and what makes boys and girls different. Answer her questions simply...no need to get into the whole sex thing yet....and just keep reinforcing that some parts are private and shouldn't be shown to anyone else other mommy or daddy....maybe she'll be a doctor one day :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I agree with the PP. Maybe she is just curious and if you show her the male anatomy and explain the differences, she will get over asking boys to play the game. I hope that works for you!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:05 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• At this age kids have no shame, they do not understand that this is considered wrong and it is by no means a sexual thing. It is just curiousity, I agree look for some books on this and try to get her to understand so body parts are only hers and should be kept private.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 10:47 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I agree with the other posters. One book I have read to my kids and is a permanent addition to our home library is a book called "Swimsuit Lessons". I can't remember the author right now ( and the kids are asleep, so I can't go get it), but it is very tastefully written and offers up great advice and an opportunity for questions. In a nut shell it says people aren't allowed to touch you in the places where your bathing suit covers. This can lead to another conversation about HER not touching other people as well. HTH
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 12:33 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• totally agree with the other posters
    Kimmma

Answer by Kimmma at 9:34 AM on Oct. 14, 2009