how can i get my 18 moth old to stop hitting my 3 year old when she gets angry????

My two girls play pretty niece together ...for the most part.But some times my 3 year old would like some none sharing time,you know!But my youngest doesn't quiet understand when i explain this to her.I tried distraction ,but it won't work.when ever she gets upset she hits.

101kisses

Asked by 101kisses at 1:56 AM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would try time outs. Every time she hits her sister, put in her in room in her crib for 1 minute. Hopefully repetition will make it sink in. Good luck!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:33 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• where did she learn to hit from. does her sister hit her at times as well. babies tend to learn and pick things pretty quick. So if her sister hits her at times for certain things , then when she feels that certain way she will hit too. you just tell her no; more then twice not to hit. and if she continues put her in time out for two minutes. And explain to her why. And tell the oldest not to hit her sister anymore. instead telli her sister no once or twice.; and if she doesn't stop then to come and get you . And you get the baby and put her somewhere else and give her something else neat to play with. if she gets angry .tell her until you can play with your sister nice your'e going to have to play by yourself. who knows maybe that will work. gl
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:50 AM on Oct. 13, 2009