would it be ok to take my son out?

Thursday we get paid and need to go Grocery shopping. My son will only be 4 days old. But we have 2 other kids and my husband wouldnt be able to get all we need unless i go and put my son in a stroller and help him.. we wouldnt be gone long so would it be ok for me to take him? It would be at the commisary and early in the morning so there wouldnt be that many people.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• iT SHOULD BE FINE, JUST MAKE SURE HE DOESN'T GET COLD AND THAT NOBODY TOUCHES HIM. i WOULD ALSO USE A HAND SANITIZER YOURSELF SO THAT HE DOESN'T GET ANY GERMS YOU MIGHT PICK UP FROM THE GROCERY STORE.
    Damn...sorry about the caps i just looked up and saw them all. :(

Congrats on the LO :D
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:09 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Ordinarily I would say yes. Now I say No. Why? My family has lived through the swine flu. My son was VERY sick with it. Everyone else just got the flu. A local toddler has died from it. I say, he needs to make two trips to the store. Sorry Dad. A) You need to be resting. B.)Kids need protection from this flu.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• No one may touch him, but someone sneezes, airborne virus particles in the air. Look at it this way you are not supposed to store your toothbruses 4 foot from the toilet, because when you flush the water droplets go up and land on toothbrushes. A 4 day old little one should NOT BE GOING ANYWHERE AND EXPOSED TO ANYTHING. Someone sneezes. A shopping cart handle is filthy, with virus's one it, fecal matter -- yes they have done studies and this is what is on them. I saw this on the Houston Texas News tonight. St Lukes has had 3 cases of kids with swine flu go into heart failure, and they do not know why. Flu doesn't generally react like this. I live in Texas we have dealt and are dealing with swine flu. Do NOT TAKE THAT BABY OUT AT 4 DAYS OLD. There is no reason. Make hubby a list, he sticks to the list. Hubby incapable of shopping is not a reason for you to go. Kick back,relax, protect the baby,make a list, he shops. NO GUILT!
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 2:41 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I took my son with me to dinner and the store and the mall the day he got out of the NICU. we were celebrating that he was healthy. And he was just fine just dont let a bunch of people touch him or try to hold him. I know someone who has not had people over at their house or took their child out and their little girl is 8 months old and gets sick more then my son who i take out all the time. If you dont take them out their immune system will not develop. Just go to the store i wouldnt be out all day but you can go to the store. And the comisary is clean or at least all the ones i have been in are... And dont let people worry you about taking your child out. Thats like them saying dont let them go to a playground because sick kids could be there...Just because you had a baby your life does not stop you have 2 other children you know this...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:06 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I don't see why not, you can't stay inside forever. Just use common sense. Bring some hand-sani, bundle him up, don't touch him or let other touch him whenever you can avoid it and make the trip as fast as you can! I'm a nurse, and I'm gonna tell you what I think about Swine Flu.

THE SWINE FLU VACCINE IS THE "TICKLE-ME-ELMO" OF 2009. EVERYBODY WANTS IT, NOT EVERYONE CAN GET ONE; IN THE END, WE WILL ALL BE OKAY.
    mellibelli917

Answer by mellibelli917 at 8:07 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I would say it would be fine just use common sence.I took mine out when she was a week old plus I just had a csection and we were fine.Just keep him warm dont let anyone touch him or get in his face.
    kat247

Answer by kat247 at 8:43 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Go for it. I took my 4 day old to the mall. she was fine.
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 9:14 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• He is your child do what u feel is best! I have a 2 wk baby boy an he has only been out to go to the doc! I personaly wont take my baby to the store til he is ova a month old but thats just me! An to everyone that is scared of H1N1 my kids doc inforumed me that all it is is the flu just a bit stronger! Yes it can kill but so can regular flu but that usually only happens if there is a pre exsiting medical problem! Well congrads on yuor new baby boy! Boys are great i have 3 of them lol! Gl
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Oct. 13, 2009