Would you take in your niece and nephew if they were taken away from their parents by DYFS being a single mother of 4 daughters?

My brothers kids were taken. Him n his wife r about to lose their children 4 good. I'm their only hope. i don't mind taking them in cause I rather them stay in the family. However my bf n I are fighting cause he thinks I'm taking on too much. He thinks that they created this problem n should pretty much fix it themselves since I already have 4 girls of my own which are 12, 10 ,8, and 6. What would you do in my situation.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• If it was me I would take my neice and nephew... the system is so messed up I wouldnt dare let family of mine get caught up in it if I knew i could do something about it. When you bf becomes your husband then he can have some say but its your family.
    kira25

Answer by kira25 at 2:22 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I'd ask your girls and if they agree with you then they will help the transition. They are your family too and should have more say than the bf. I'd take them if I were you. Good luck with the decision making.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 2:24 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Tell my boyfriend to butt out, it is my family not his. Take the children, I would presume they will have a check for care, and foodstamps, and medicaid. This is your family, families are forever, bowfriends are not. He is your boyfriend, you didn't say fiance with a ring or husband. Boyfriend verses blood. I think just the way you worded this post you will do the right thing as you are a thoughtful person. I am sorry for what is happening but I respect you for putting it on Cafe Mom and asking. Hey give an update!
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 2:27 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I would take them in.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 2:44 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I think it's the best for the kids if you take them. Being a little crowded with family is far better than being given to strangers,possibly separated from each other and trapped in the system for who knows how long.
    rubymoon57

Answer by rubymoon57 at 2:57 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• You need to consider what is best for your own kids first. Think if you will really be able to handle the extra kids. If you are that is great. But, if you just feel responsible and know that deep down it would not be a good idea, you need to put the needs of your family first. If I were you, I would take what your boyfriend thinks with a grain of salt.....
    Allie428

Answer by Allie428 at 5:18 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• As long as your boyfriend is the only problem take them in.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 11:18 AM on Oct. 13, 2009