were you nervous before your first actual doctors appointment?

We just got our insurance this Saturday. I am pretty excited but also nervous. I am pretty sure I am pregnant---I did get a positive pregnancy test. I have doubts every now and then but try to stay positive. My other concern is hoping all is alright.

tickled_pink09

Asked by tickled_pink09 at 3:01 AM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well, if you got a positive pregnancy test, then I am pretty sure you're pregnant too! Congratulations. Thank God you got insurance BEFORE your first appt or they could have denied your application. On your first appointment, the nurse/ob, or midwife will ask you a lot of questions about you health, your relationship and family medical history. He/she may reccomend a "Meet the OB" night if the practice does that sort of thing. It's mostly paperwork, and they will schedule you for a pelvic exam soon. Until then, think positive! Good luck and congrats!
    mellibelli917

Answer by mellibelli917 at 8:03 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• thank you

update: I made an appointment today. I am going to have a pap smear and pelvic exam in two weeks. A couple days or so  from then I will have my first ultrasound to check for a heartbeat.

tickled_pink09

Answer by tickled_pink09 at 1:58 PM on Oct. 13, 2009