How is this for an idea? The rich people keep thier money and the poor get second jobs and stop living outside thier means?

I am definitely not rich, but this is how I feel.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 AM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have a very different perspective on what it means to be poor. If you can afford the things I listed above, then you are not poor. You are cash strapped. There is a difference. I resent people who say they are poor affording things that the true poor cannot. Do an internet search on poverty.
    Yes, I am a compassionate person. I give to people who are truely poor. There are people in this world who have NO food, NO shelter, NO freaking water even. How dare you call yourself poor. It is more likely that you don't know how to do without and you want things you can't afford.
    Anonymous

• ditto.
    that is the problem tho everyone thinks they need all the new expensive stuff. just aout everyone lives beyond their means
    im no where near rich but we do just fine with no government assistance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:37 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Because all poor people are lazy and live outside their means... which is exactly why they don't deserve healthcare or food. Lousy stinkin' poor people.
    catwalksymphony

Answer by catwalksymphony at 3:38 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Catwalksymhony, your sarcasm is noted. However, I don't buy this crap. If you have money to buy cigs or alcohol or go to the movies or eat out or get cable or get internet or buy lots of clothes. .. YOU ARE NOT POOR. YOU are CHOOSING badly how to spend your money.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:41 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• If you consider not being able to find a job to support their family of four in a 2 bedroom apartment so one is forced to be on public assistance or send their family to the street "living outside their means", then I think you need a reality check. I agree that people take advantage of the system, but the system does help some who are using it legitimately. So why don't you come up with a proposition that still allows those who use P.A. correctly to still use it, while those abusing it are kicked to the curb, instead of complaining to a group of people who can't do anything about it anyway?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• How about moving to where there are jobs?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:48 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• damn poor people should stop eating to stop living beyond their means and just starve to death and die on the streets because they can't afford a place to sleep.

for real people if it's that bad get a grip, go volunteer and lend a helping hand

i work at a convenience store. also collect f/s. gasp!! i get 200 a month. 100 in the beginning of the month on a grocery store visit. the other hundred halfway through the month. i dont drink soda, i dont smoke, i dont drink alcohol, i dont do drugs. i dont have a car payment (its a POS and paid off) i have student loans, i cant pay and cant do that work anymore. i have cc's that i make a min payment every month to, because thats all i can afford and i rarely use them, but i use to pay for groceries with them, until times got tougher than they were and went and applied for f/s. i buy healthy foods. i only buy food on sale, saving $30-$50 a visit. cont...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:37 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• cont...
    i see people from meth heads, bums, (these are teens/young adults) to old old people that will spend their $20 bucks or change they find on the parking lot or panhandle from others on a pack of smokes everyday but use their f/s card to buy an ass load of candy and junk food or one measly dollar soda. yet they have that 20 or even worse a fistful of bills. i see people dressed up really really nice. nice clothes...oh yea i dont buy clothes, and when i do they are 2nd hand. and they come in and use their f/s card. i've seen a lot, from all types of people that use f/s. your best friend could be and you wouldnt know it, you could be next month.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:41 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• this is how you feel? or this is what you feel that other people feel? does that make sense? lol
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 4:42 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• For people that don't know how the system really works, the people with one job managing to squeak by don't usually qualify for assistance. God forbid you get a job while on govt assistance. By not getting a job, you make out the best. That is really how it works out. When you get your job, earning only about $300 a wk after taxes, they reduce benefits a ridiculous amount, and your family actually loses the ability to pay all the bills and buy groceries. When you earn enough to pay all your bills, barely, but can't afford health care and are unable to find a second job to help out, your family should suffer and accrue more debt. Not everyone with lower income has all the plushy extras. We have 1 old TV, basic cable, no cell phone, no salon visits, a used car that is paid off, and internet so I can attend school for my degree without having to pay daycare. We also don't qualify for any assistance. Yay.... what about us?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:47 AM on Oct. 13, 2009