What do you make for breakfest for your kids

I am trying to find out new and delicious recepies for my picky eater for 5 years old daughter

Ileen74

Asked by Ileen74 at 6:55 AM on Oct. 13, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• pancakes with bananas, strawberries, a tiny bit of whipped cream and a piece of bacon or sausage. Mind you I use the Aunt Jemima frozed mini pancakes because its easier when you dont have much time.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:00 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• We only make breakfast on the weekends. Durning the week, they eat granola bars, bagels, frozen sausage biscuits. On the weekend, one of our favorites is eggs-cheese and toast. A piece of toast, then American cheese then a fried egg, all stacked together in that order. You can also do it with scrambled eggs.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 7:00 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• my sister once took the mini candy canes and crushed them up and put the pieces in the pancakes...OMG they were good! course its hard to get the candy canes out of the christmas season...lol
    but one thing my husband and i make is monkey bread...

you take four cans of pillsbury biscuits and cut them in quarters and toss them in cinnamon and sugar and throw them in a greased bundt pan....

do this with all four cans of biscuits...

then melt together 1 and a half sticks of butter and a cup of brown sugar till its all blended together...

pour over the biscuits in the bundt pan, bake at 350 for 25 min, invert immediately onto a plate when done, then let cool for two min.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 7:12 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• My kids get their own breakfast in the morning so it's whatever they can get themselves...cereal, toast with peanut butter, English muffins (if we have them), fresh fruit, yogurt, these sausage croissant sandwiches we buy (not healthy but they are a great treat once in awhile), leftover pizza. Usually it's cereal.
    Occasionally they ask for oatmeal and I make that.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:07 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I usually do scrambled eggs and toast, cereal, fruit, pancakes....whatever they want, my boys are pretty easy though....

One thing that you might want to try is using food coloring! You can make GREEN eggs or BLUE eggs or PURPLE (red and blue) and then you can make take colored milk on bread and make a face using a paint brush with it, then toast it and it stays!! It's really cool! Some times a little bit of cheese and some food coloring can get the job done! :)
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 10:21 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Frozen whole grain waffles, cereal or frozen pancakes, juice or milk. I just wish they would make whole grain frozen pancakes. Sometimes they want English muffins or Bagels w/cream cheese. I don't make a huge breakfast ever, it just makes them want to eat more the rest of the day. A little goes a long way. Thankfully they aren't big eaters anyway.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:39 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Durng the week it's nothing spectacular, lol. They either have cereal and milk, oatmeal, frozen waffles or pancakes and that's about it.
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 11:14 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• mine love smoothies- fruit (fresh or frozen), yogurt (or cultured soy), flax or bran, and a little soy milk. totally easy, done in less than 5 minutes.

ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:02 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Today I made my son whole grain banana pancakes, fat free turkey bacon with blueberries and strawberries. Tomorrow he will have oatmeal and pears. Another breakfast he loves is whole grain blueberry waffles (with blueberries I pick and freeze) with scrambled egg whites. Egg white omelettes with onions, peppers, tomatoes and mushrooms is a favorite.   I am a SAHM and being able to cook for my family is one of the reason why I am home.  Breakfast is the most important meal of the day so I make sure what he eats will keep him going until lunch time and help him be able to concentrate at school. 

Anonymous

• Cereal, toast w/ jelly, fruit and milk
    Poptart, fruit and milk
    Pancakes/waffles/french toast, sausage, fruit and milk
    scrambled eggs (with cheese melted in), sausage/bacon, fruit and milk
    Instant oatmeal, milk

TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:00 PM on Oct. 13, 2009