Gah some people LOL. These people outside the grocery store make me wonder what are they thinking?

These 2 women I saw in a weeks time.
The first one was about 8 or so at night and she was standing ouside the doors walking up to people. I thought she was begging so my husband and I tried to ignore her. She walked up to us and said hey I got foodstamps for sale. I looked at her and said you do know that is illegal right? Then security came out and said I told you to leave the property. Apparently she was tring to sell them inside too. LOL

The second woman was yesterday afternoon. She was ahead of us in line bought 2 cases of slim fast , when she went to pay she pulled out a wad of cash and got her things and left. We checked out and go to the parking lot and she walks up to us and asks for money . I looked at her and said lady you were in fron tof us in line I KNOW you have cash on you .

Seriously what is with people ? LOL
ANyone have odd people stories from the store?

countrygirls422

Asked by countrygirls422 at 8:08 AM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I work in a grocery store. I see it all, trust me that is tame compared to most! Last night I had a lady come through and by a ton of junk food and said she was trying to use all of her FS by the end of the month because she got way to much a month!!! UM, hello, you don't need to announce to the whole store what you're doing
    fallnangel3

Answer by fallnangel3 at 8:19 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• People like to take advantage of others, I guess. Sad.
    AMom29

Answer by AMom29 at 8:20 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• LOL
    Some people need to justify their doings LOL.
    My sister does it and she pays cash but she always has to make an excuse at the register. Im like sis noone cares why you are getting what you are getting LOL
    countrygirls422

Answer by countrygirls422 at 8:20 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• When I was younger and lived in CA I used to get food stamps. The Grocery chains would actually send people down to the Checks Cashing place (where we picked up our food stamps each month) and try to buy them off of people who are getting their stamps. The grocery store buys the stamps for less than their dollar value - putting cash in the hands of the alcoholic or drug addicted recipients (I say this because anyone who was not alcoholic or drug addicted wouldn't trade their food for LESS money!) then the store turns the stamps in for redemption at full cash value and earns a pretty sweet profit doing so. No goods go out, but funds come in.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:31 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• my neighbor growing up was in the FBI and one of his big assignment was to bust a ring of food stamp sellers and the people who laundered them, it is very common and it is a federal crime i believe... i go to the grocery store early sunday morning, so all of the bums are still sleeping then, i more deal with random fundraiser stationed outside the door, some are valid and others arent. like i pay out of pocket for my kid to do sports, activities and i wont pay for your child to cheerlead, etc.... but i will give $4 to other things like local food banks sometimes.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 8:52 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• We saw a guy standing outside of walmart with a flimsy cardboard box. He was asking for donations according to his poster to "keep kids off cheese drugs".... WTF is a cheese drug??? DH and I couldn't figure it out.
    Nesa_Z

Answer by Nesa_Z at 9:17 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Maybe he meant cheesy drugs and he only wants them on the good ones?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:24 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Yes! There is this guy that stands outside of the mall, he tells people that his wife got pissed at him and left him so he needs money for a taxi. The thing is, he asked my hubby this on 2 different occasions. We still see him from time to time.
    lovetwins89

Answer by lovetwins89 at 9:32 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• There was a lady walking around a walmart parking lot welling cute little things for 2 bucks because she said her hosue burnt down in a fire and her huband and her both cant get a job and they have 3 children. I got one because it was cute then went home and saw her on the news...her story was right so i went back and got a few more because i felt bad that i didnt belive her. I gave the other ones i got to a few of my friends...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Oct. 13, 2009