So tell me about the disasters that have occured in your house already this morning....????

After getting the baby up and giving him something to tide him over until breakfast I began working on the pot of coffee I've decided I can no longer function without each morning. I was pretty excited as I'd just watched Alton Brown last night and he featured how to make a great pot of coffee. I used filtered water, measured out my grounds and cut the coffee maker on. (All while holding my child) About two minutes later the baby was down and had occupied himself playing when I looked up and saw coffee pouring all over the counter! It wasn't going into the pot, just pouring out by the gallon it seemed. I cut it off and began cleaning the mess dumbfounded as to why it happened. I looked up in the nick of time to see the baby putting a something in his mouth that wasn't food. I ran over and it was some piece of styrofoam type paper that I don't know where it came from. So I snatch it from him, he is not happy about it, and go...

WindyTheWidow

Asked by WindyTheWidow at 8:36 AM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My daughter woke up with a diaper filled with pinkish red urine. My father (who called me yesterday to ask what he could wash her feet with) said "oh yeah, I forgot to tell you, she peed red in the toilet last night too" Same little girl who has been going through medical/behavioral issues stemming from the preschool we took her out of today. But on a good note, it appears that the red urine is probably from something she ate (although I'm not sure what, we don't buy stuff with red food dye) and not an infection. The coffee thing made me laugh cuz I forgot to put the pot under the coffee the other day and had that same big mess
    shannipoo714

Answer by shannipoo714 at 11:27 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• ...back to cleaning the coffee. Next thing I know the baby has walked up behind me and bitten the back of my thigh! (In retrospect I wonder if that wasn't done with malicious intent, lol!) I yelp and jerk my leg up causing him to do a faceplant. Naturally he is screaming because I've scared him and he's fallen. I pick him up, comfort him and try to figure the darned coffee pot out. Turns out I forgot to put the plastic reservoir back in that holds the filter and the grounds, lol! Thus proving how desperately I do need the coffee to function in the morning, lol!!!
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 8:40 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Windy - I'd say set up your coffee the night before! Have a great day!
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 8:50 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• You just have the best post, everytime I see your screen name i have to see what you have to say and yes I remember you asking how to make a great cup coffee. Well you NEED the coffee in the morning. My trick is i measure the coffee out at night and leave everything else for the morning. I am still laughing at this post. LOL :~) I hope things get better for you this morning have a great day.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:57 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Well my morning started off fine, then my son decided it was time to learn how to climb on things. He decided that the bouncy seat looked like fun to climb on and climbed up in it, stood up, then fell down and hit his head. now I'm babysitting, who knows what else is in store for today!
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 9:00 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Oh I forgot the only thing that has happened this morning is that it has been raining here for about 2 days and in the beginning of the summer it was raining and are roof was linking and this morning the f**king (sorry) is linking AGAIN( we called our landlord months ago) Well know my rent is going to be held back until it is FIX. Oh ya I am pissed.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:01 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• OMG, hon! LOL Sorry to laugh but the coffee bit made me laugh. Mine are just basic disasters. AF is late... again... so I'm going nuts. DD decided she wanted to try and play with the cat's water dish while I was trying to make her breakfast. DS was being a lazy butt this morning and didn't want to get out of bed for school. Not to mention when I was making his Toaster Strudle (he loves it ) the toaster decided to be douchy and didn't cook the pastries all the way through. >.< Then of course, my neighbor's other pregnant cat (one already had her kittens) decided she wanted to go underneath my house (we have an OLD house that has the service entrances under the house to fix the pipes, ventillation, etc) and have her kittens so I've spent the better part of the morning trying to get them out of there so they don't freeze to death. Yeah... Basic stuff around here. LMAO
    Mina2904

Answer by Mina2904 at 9:26 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Awww....I'm sorry! I hope the rest of your day goes better. ♥

No disasters for me this morning (knock on wood...lol).
    I'm sitting here peacefully enjoying my cup of coffee (instant), listening to the laundry I've begun, and contemplating the rugged assignment I have ahead of me today for a college course. I do need to find time to get to the post office to mail a package for a birthday girl who's birthday is in 2 days (yikes!) and I need to make a couple telephone calls to take care of some business.

Hugs to you and anyone else who's morning is beginning poorly. May your day be easier and quieter.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:43 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Well my son got sick yesterday so we took him to the doctor and guess what , he has the FLU . Well this morning daughter wakes up running high fever and coughing her head off so daddy is taking her to the doctor as we speak . I am thinking she is going to end up with the same thing !
    katherine4

Answer by katherine4 at 9:43 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• No disasters this morning. Last night was our disaster night. My 3 yr old must have fallen down about 6 times, flat on his face. The doozey was when he picked up his blanket, walked on it, and tripped. Fell flat on his face and when I picked him up his nose and mouth were bloody.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:46 AM on Oct. 13, 2009