Are there any vaccines that CAN'T BE DELAYED?

I've notice that many moms here in CM have delayed vaccines. But I was wondering if you were recommended by the Doctor not to delay some of the vaccines for whatever reason...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No! There are no vaccines that can't be delayed. If the vaccine has to be given at a certian age or you don't get it, it must not be so important! My kids are 2 & 3 years - 100% vaccine free and will stay that way! If you want to delay there are modified schedules you can use... I know there are some in the Choosing Not to Vaccinate Group.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:59 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Most doc will tell you there is no need to delay any but I gave my LO her reg scheduled shots at 2 months but at her 4 month visit I'm gonna switch to a delayed schedule.If they wont do it I will find one that will.She had a bad reaction to her last ones.
    kat247

Answer by kat247 at 8:51 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• She had a bad reaction to her last ones.

May I ask what kind of reaction? I know that some vaccines can cause fever, rash, eczema, etc. op
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• No, there is no vaccine you cannot delay. There are some that if you delay, you do not need to get! We have delayed starting with our 2nd born. He started his vaccinations at 2 years old and we only get one shot at a time.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:01 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• "There are some that if you delay, you do not need to get! "

Thank you for the information. OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• RotoTeq can only be done at a certain age, so if you miss it, you don't get it. My kids didn't get that one though.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:20 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

krysta. thanks, op
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Yeah just the rotovirus one. But with my older two it wasn't available so I wasn't concerned when I decide for now not to vaccinate the youngest, he might get some when he is older. My peditrician did say that after one the amount of vaccines he "needs" are cut down and by two it is about half of the original schedule. He said that a lot of the diseases we vax for are only dangerous in the first year or two in an otherwise healthy individual.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 12:02 PM on Oct. 13, 2009