Did you attend college and then had to drop out?

Did you attend college (technical or trade school included) and then how to drop out for some reason? How far along were you in your studies? Do you regret it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes, back in 1985 when I went to college right out of high school. I went there to be a mathematics major so I could eventually decide what to do with such a degree - possibly teach. I could only stay for one semester, though, as my scholarships did not cover very much and I had no means to stay afloat financially (I was a foster kid with no family).
    In hindsight, I don't regret it. I went on to work in retail and worked my way up to management levels, which gave me a ton of life experiences and knowledge. I then married, had children, and did not work again until they were older and took a job in the healthcare field.
    I realized then that that was my calling! I furthered myself in the field and am now working on my third college degree in the healthcare office (HR Management) and love it with a passion!
    I still LOVE the field of mathematics, though. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:38 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I dropped out of college because I got pregnant, but now I'm going back. I kinda regret going back.... LOL but I know in the long run I will be happy I finished my degree
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 9:11 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I had to drop out the fall semester of my freshman year because I contracted bacterial pnemonia and was on bed rest for over a month! This happened the beginning of November during the fall semester. I took the Spring semester off to recoup. It was bit disheartening because I took 2 years off from beginning college to get a feel for the "real world." Long story short: went back, finished, and now work for a private university. It's a good story to tell my freshman student workers!
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 10:11 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• yep 3 times actually! i regret it everyday.. but my kids are my first priority..i'm waiting til 2014 to go back...all of my kids will be in school from 8-3 by then so i will be able to go back!
    AustinsMommy306

Answer by AustinsMommy306 at 10:17 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I withdrew in undergrad in the middle of a semester then re-enrolled when I got myself back on track. I still graduated on time because I worked my but off. I also took a year off before grad school. Then I deferred my entry to the maximum. Sometimes life gets in the way of itself. I don't regret the time off. I needed it.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:19 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I did take a year off when I got pregnant, but I had alread graduated and was working on my teacher certification. I finished that and went on for my MS even through another child. I finished it all. No regrets.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:59 AM on Oct. 13, 2009