Do stay-at-home moms have further instruction beyond high school?

I have to say that my knowledge is limited to only one year college. I didn't complete my associate degree.
I'm planning to come back to school (on line instruction) once my youngest starts school.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Oct. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes, I graduated from grad school and have a MA.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:05 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I chose to stay at home- I was a surgical assistant- I dont want somone else raising my child- or using my entire payck for daycare.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Yes. I have a Bachelor of Science degree in Sociology and hold a teacher certificate to teach English for grades 6 through 12. I taught Sophomore English before becoming a SAHM.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:18 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I am a SHAM because i have not started my school yet. I am working to get a dagree so i can teach elementry students. Or at least thats what im going to start with. But i would work i just one dont want someone else to be the one to raise my son and two it would be pointless i would be spending more in childcare then what i would make at this time so its not worth it. I might as well just be with my son.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:26 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I have 2 master's degrees and have completed all my courses for a doctorate. When my first was born I was a junior. I did it all part time while my kids were growing up.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:40 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I have my medical billing and business mgt. certificates I also completed most of my basic college classes. I was a purchasing assistant before I became a SAHM this last time. My only problem was that I kept changing my mind what I wanted to do lol. Turns out being a SAHM and daycare provider is more up my alley :)

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 9:56 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Yes, I have a Bachelor of Social Work and worked in that field before becoming a SAHM.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:23 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I have my Bachelor's in Communications and Journalism. Before I became a SAHM I worked in Medical Sales and made well in to the 6 figures. My husband makes double what I made so we decided it was best for our children to have one of us at home with them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I have my BA in Strategic and Organizational Communications and my concentration is PR. I chose to stay home with my daughter for many reasons. I also plan on getting my Master's to..
    MandyT1021

Answer by MandyT1021 at 10:31 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Yes, I have a Bachelor's in Justice and Public Safety and Law Enforcement Admin. I worked for several years, had my ds when I was almost 30, and worked until he turned 4yrs old. He is now 10 and I have been a SAHM for most of the past 6 years. I have a Real Estate license and did it for a couple of years in new home subdivisions but for the last year and a half I have been home full time.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 10:42 AM on Oct. 13, 2009