Have you read the Twilight series? If so, what did you think?

I just finished Eclipse and I am blown away..Twilight and New Moon were amazing, too. I cannot wait to read Breaking Dawn! I honestly don't have any interest in seeing the movies..I doubt they could even come close to being as phenomenal as the books!

ajtherad

Asked by ajtherad at 9:10 AM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I loved the books. I hated the movie. I couldnt wait for it to come out then i was so disapointed. But i still want to see them to see how they try to pull off what happenes in the books. Another good series to read is the true blood series by chareline harris. Its alot like twilight just more grown up. I think you would like those if you liked the Twilight books. Try them =)
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:36 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I thought it was the worst written rubbish I've ever read, but that's just my opinion. I felt the plot was less than unique and totally over-used, I didn't like the way she messed with and changed mythology, the characters were one-dimensional and the description was juvenile.  It read as if it were written by a third grader. I plunged through all the books and wish could get those wasted hours back.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:17 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• They were very interesting and certainly written for the teenage group - the romance level was so 'neat & clean.' I appreciated that because my teen daughter has read them and loves them so I would have been upset if there was explicit sexual content in them.
    I actually read them through twice - the first time just to have something to read (I'm ALWAYS reading something!), and the second time to notice the minute details, especially having seen the Twilight movie.
    I must say that the movie was a huge disappointment, which they usually are after having enjoyed the book, which is why I read them a second time.
    I am not entirely sure which one is my favorite. Possibly the first because it was about innocence, discovery, and intrigue. The final book had some good parts, but on the whole did not keep me interested.
    Overall, not too bad, but I prefer a more adult-type of reading material.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:28 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• "spoiler alert*
    I agree with first answer ihartu.
    Breaking dawn was incredibly violent. Having bella so absorbed with the baby that she would die for it was just......wrong. (she didn't die)
    lovetwins89

Answer by lovetwins89 at 9:50 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I read the books and loved them. My favorites were Twilight and Eclipse. Breaking Dawn was very good, but I personally did not like the ending. But that's just my opinion, I won't say anything to ruin it for you. There were some GREAT parts of Breaking Dawn, and I read it faster than I did any of the other books lol. I was disappointed with the movie when compared to the book, but overall the movie was not horrible in itself, it just didn't compare to the book. I actually like how Stephenie Meyer changed Mythology, how she put her own spin on it. I like thinking that "vampires" can have souls lol. Anyway, have fun with reading the book.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:16 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I read them and thought they were okay, I still dont get all the craziness surrounding them they are not that good, it is more of a teen series and if your a vampire fan and have read anne rice, laurell k hamilton, charlaine harris and so many others you feel as if those previous authors plots and ideas were ripped off.

DH and i watched the first movie and his comment was "well that was interesting" but he prefers vampire movies like underworld and blade lol.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 10:42 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Yes, I read them. I loved the books. The movie sucked, of course, but I'll keep watching them. I'm letting my 9 year old read them, and she likes them too.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:49 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I read 8 chapters of the first one and was never so bored in my life!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:14 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I enjoyed them.

hated the movie.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:30 AM on Oct. 13, 2009