So, is 13,000 a smart move, or is it a prescription for disaster?

I know that most of you don't like Fox news, but DH was looking at news this morning and I saw it there when I was passing by.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,514635,00.html

So, instead of the 40,000 troops that were asked for, is sending 13,000 better than nothing, or is it a bad move that will result in surrender?

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 9:11 AM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• My husband is a soldier, and he was in Iraq before and after the surge-the surge defiinitally worked and was needed. This general knows his stuff- if he needs these troops to get the job done, then he should have the troops. Being a soldier over there while under-maned is deadly. So instead of dragging this out forever with fewer troops- get the surge and get it done so they can all come home sooner.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 11:02 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:11 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Well my understanding was they where support troops, nurses, doctors ect ect.and this is just for until he makes the decision on the 30,000-40,000.
    I am not sure if this will hurt or help. I think he is setting up for removing all troops, and sending those in to kinda help wrap up before he gives the orders to leave there. But again that is my opinion
    LilCaprica

Answer by LilCaprica at 9:19 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I have a feeling some of you would rather read it here.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:20 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Wasn't it during the campaign that BO admitted that the surge in Iraq worked better than expected...you know the one he voted against? Why in the hell is he not trying to do this in Afghanistan? He's not even listening to the generals that are there trying to win this thing. Oh wait, he's an idiot.

How many surprise visits has he made over there since taking office?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• It's a start and Quinnmae, I didn't know you were a military tactician! Congratulations--you must be if you have the experience and knowledge to second guess others with such authority.
    PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 9:32 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Thanks for posting a link to the whole article, so far I have only gotten bits and pieces and never an exact number Obama approved.

LilCaprica

Answer by LilCaprica at 9:33 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Not second guessing, PsWifey, just asking a question. But thanks for inflecting your own assumptions about me. Careful, your bias is showing.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:34 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• :eye roll: ANYWAY..honestly I do not really know guess we will see..I just pray for our troops..and we had to make some kind of a move eitherway..God bless our soldiers..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:35 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Let me start by saying that I was a Fox viewer (I actually surf the stations to see who is discussing something of interest to me). But last fall ( a couple of months before the election) every time I turned to Fox it was doing nothing but Obama bashing. They should report on stories like Ayers and Acorn, but they did more than that. It was non-stop attacks with the attempt to scare their viewers (especially those who use Fox as their only source for information) into voting for McCain. The have an agenda like other media does, only they deny it. About the number of troops that should be sent, I think we need to leave that to the people who have more information then we are privey to.
    Phase3

Answer by Phase3 at 9:42 AM on Oct. 13, 2009