homemade formula????

My stepdad grew up on a homemade formula that consisted of evaporated milk water and something else. I was wondering if anyone knew of this recipe. Thats all I want is this recipe nothing else not even suggestions that this could be harmful to my baby please. That is not the question, the question is what is the recipe! Thank you to anyone who knows of this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You said not to say it but i'm saying it anyway, giving evaporated milk to a child is going to kill their stomach. I don't care if they did it years ago. This child either needs formula or breastmilk. Nothing else.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Here is one recipe I got online. Of course you know homemade baby formula was the biggest reason more babies died.

2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
    32 ounces water
    2 tablespoons Karo syrup
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:34 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• My mom use to make a homemade formula for us when we were little as premade versions didn't exist. It was evaporated milk and I think karo syrup (a sweetener but I'm not sure I have it right). However, I would never use that formula today. You are FAR better off to use a commercial formula if you aren't/can't use breastmilk.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Wow, she has the internet but wants to make homemade formula?! lololol All I can do is laugh...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I just wanted the recipe I did not say I was feeding it to my child you people really need to read the questions more carefully before you answer them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Yes I do have the internet i have researched a lot of different homemade formulas but did not find the evaporated milk one so that was why i was asking. If you people read about commercial formula you will find out that they do not even have to be FDA approved. WTF!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• http://www.westonaprice.org/children/recipes.html

This has a bunch of them but none using evaporated milk

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Ummmm....at this rate, you would be better off going out and just buying a carton of whole milk.....
    Not the best idea ever, but better than the evaporated milk alternative...and much cheaper than formula if that is an issue
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I always thought they used to use straight evaporated milk....has me scratching my head as to how so many people survived, lol.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 10:35 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• If you people read about commercial formula you will find out that they do not even have to be FDA approved. WTF!!!!!!!!

Neither do most of the foods you eat. Food is regulated. And formula is regulated by the FDA like all other foods. It's not like General Mills has to get a cereal approved by the FDA every time they make a new one.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 5:02 PM on Oct. 13, 2009