We would be better off with out poor people

Wouldn't it be great if we didnt have poor people anymore? Everyone just got better jobs and started taking care of themselves. The well off people could keep thier extra tax money or the government would line their pockets with it. We all could just jump and r cars and go , no wait the people a jiffy lube got better jobs so are cars wouldnt work right. But we could still go shopping, would have to do self checkout because the cashiers got better jobs, forget about having anything delivered to your house, going out to eat , staying in a clean hotel, and also no more starbucks. People who say the poor should get better jobs and support there selves that its not thier fault people are poor, true it's not your fault but u do binefit from the working poor. Most work in service jobs. We need these people , with out them the country wouldn't work right. This is y th well off should help the poor. Y can't people against pa see this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think you may be going a bit over the top here..iyo people who say each individual should be responsible for themselves and take care of their business...and people who sometimes complain about abuse of the system ..that means they are against ANY pa? If so you'd be going the top..most are not against all pa they just get sick and tired of the abuse of it and the glamorizing of it ...for example ..'oh it will all be fine anyway because the govy will take care of me'..and getting cell phones and vehicles and things...I mean tends to kill incentive and people figure why work when I can just sit back and collect? I know alot of people on PA do indeed work a job and I have nothing against those who are doing all they can to better themselves that was the original intent of the assistence anyway..it was to supplement an income not pay the whole way...now though we have some Americans who are all giddy and excited about the idea
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:57 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• of the government taking over our healthcare too..and well NO THANK YOU this American doesn't get warm fuzzy feelings from that...I believe in individualism and the American dream not a big socialist nanny state..waiting for the govy to take responsibility for me and make all of the decisions...I could rant on further but i'll stop and leave on this note..

remember SOMETIMES it is indeed the individuals fault that they are in whatever position they are in good or bad...I would even say that MOST of the time it is due directly to something they either did or failed to do...but thats just me and my opinion
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:01 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• this post isnt about the people that abuse the system. This post is about the working poor, On pa posts someone will always say the the poor should get better jobs, just was wondering what people think would happen if all the working poor did get better jobs, i dont think it is going over board , i just wish people would see we need the working poor. And since we do did them we shouldnt make them feel bad about needing pa
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• The middle class is who all of this mess will effect the most when it comes to taxes and crap..the middle class will be the ones who end up losing...the ones who are poor it wont make much of a difference when the taxes sky rocket ..they wont be paying it really anyway..and they will just get more assistence...the middle class will sink and there will be no middle class at the rate we are going...

as for poor people no worries there will always be poor people..its just the way it is...and no im not knocking on poor people for the record.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:08 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Umm
    the cashiers and hotel workers fast food employees all that you listed usually make to much for foodstamps.
    so quit your boo hooing
    people dont want to work and when they do the work as little as possible because you get cut off for foodstamps quick
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• The middle class is who all of this mess will effect the most when it comes to taxes and crap..

About half of the people who think they're middle class are poor people in denial. The other half are rich who don't want to be called out for having money. The actual middle class really doesn't exist anymore.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:13 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• since the beginning of time there are classes, the have's and the have not's. and there will always be, i doubt anyone on a social forum will cure the evils of socio-economic discrepancies amongst the masses.
    it'a recession people, this too shall pass. and for those of you too young to realize this isn't the first one, you'll survive i promise.learn from it the first time around.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:18 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Well I agree with you to a point NP it has dwindled alot..and it will only get worse at this rate
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:18 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• jew yeah we'll survive as long as this admin stops the damn spending already!
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:19 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• My brother works at Jiffy Lube him and his wife live just fine because she works too. If she wanted to a be a SAHM it would be very difficult on them. They made a choice to not finish school get married young and realize they both will have to work because of choices they have made. We all make choices and we live with the consequences. My husband made a choice to suck it up and get his MBA. We both worked hard to pay off our student loans, save for a house and do a bit of traveling before we had kids. We were 31 when our first was born we waited so we could provide for our kids. My husband and I were both born into very poor families we could have taken the route many in my family did. Had kids way too young and not went to college. We wanted something different and made it happen. We do help the poor mainly women in the women's shelter. There is a huge need there. They do more with our money than the Gov. does.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Oct. 13, 2009