Isometrics...Pain-Free Exercise...Need to know more..Can you help me?

I really need to exercise in order to boost the endorphines in my brain and increase my metabolism and stamina. I think isometrics is the answer to this problem...I also have arthritis and problems with all my joints, muscles, and back...they hurt a lot! Exercise will help but it has to be done without jarring my joints (tongue twister .. lol). Seriously though, I need help with this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Do you like Yoga? Can you try it?
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:23 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I would join the gym and look for a personal trainer who can help you. I personally think isometric exercises are not best for you.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:33 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Isometric exercises are great as long as they are done with proper form. You want to be careful not to create other body issues by performing these exercises incorrectly. i use these types of exercises with all of my clients.
    Have you consulted a doctor or physical therapist? If the answer is "no" then that would be your first step. If you have arthritis and don't normally exercise- I would start with something gentle like yoga or Pilates. If you choose Pilates, I would invest the money and go to a studio for a few 1 on 1 sessions. A quality instructor can give to exercises that are safe to do at home, will build your stamina, strengthen your muscles, and address your bodies needs. If you choose to do videos at home look into STOTT Pilates and other companies that offer rehab quality programs. Once you feel better/ stronger- then move on.
    Anonymous