Can I slow cooker a steak?

I cooked a roast the othe day and it was great today we are cookn steaks, but I always screw them up no matter what so I was wondering can I put a steak in a slow cooker to make it all nice and tender? if not can yall give good steak ideas, no BBQ pit its raining today.

ggiovanni

Asked by ggiovanni at 10:16 AM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Food & Drink

• No. Steak cuts (fillets, strips, t-bones, etc) are not meant to be cooked like that. The tissues won't hold up. It'll be very leathery.

If this is a sirloin, ribeye, chuck steak, or cube steak, marinate it for 20 minutes to all day in the fridge. Then cook it under the broiler in your oven.

Fillet, strip, or T-bone should be marinated for only 20 minutes. Cook them under the broiler.

A good marinade:

1/2 cup red wine vinegar
    1/2 cup olive oil
    1 TB rosemary
    1 TB black pepper
    2 cloves crushed garlic

ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:31 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I wouldn't, they will turn out like the bottom of a shoe. Here is what I do that was recommended to me by a chef. Take the steaks out of the fridge for about 30 minutes before wanting to cook them. Marinade in olive oil and fresh, chopped garlic. Let sit on the counter for 30 minutes before cooking. Then grill, broil or pan fry until desired doneness. Even a cheap cut of steak will turn out tender. The key is cooking the steak when it is room temp, not cold.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:34 PM on Oct. 13, 2009