Delaying sanctions?

What do you think of this?

MOSCOW, October 13 (RIA Novosti) - U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said after talks with Russia's foreign minister on Tuesday that neither country is seeking to impose sanctions against Iran under the current circumstances.

Clinton said sanctions over Iran’s controversial uranium enrichment program would be premature, and that Russia was being “extremely cooperative in the work we have done together” on the issue.

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 10:40 AM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:41 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Whatever....... I'm beginning to think it's pointless to disagree with what they are doing. I'll just wait for that next explosion
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:04 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I would personally rather have a Republican male as sec. of State, as Margaret Thatcher is unavailable.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 12:14 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• This is how diplomats speak. With caution, picking their words carefully. Never showing their hand. The fact that she is giving Russia an off handed compliment is a tactic used in the course of negotiations.
    Phase3

Answer by Phase3 at 12:22 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Iran is pushing us to see what we do. If we don't do anything, they will bomb Israel out of existence, and then go after Iraq.  The reason Saddam played a cat-and-mouse game regarding WMDs with the UN was because is was afraid of IRAN, not the U.S. or the UN.  He wanted Iran to think he had them. 

Of course, if NK sees us playing nice with Iran, they will assume they will get the same game too.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• ^^^^
    This
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:39 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I can be a diplomat.....Here is what I would have to say to Iran and NL....
    "Well, here's the thing, we have done be nice thing for decades. Either you shut down and destroy your facilities and allow our team in to inspect OR we have these 4 brand new bunker busters just waiting to make their debut."

Since I watched both "Young Guns" movies with my boys this weekend I might have to add...with a wink, "go ahead, I'll make you famous." I used that the am and it got the beds made really quick! LOL
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 2:03 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Russia is selling Iran what they need to create these facilities, so, of course, they are going to be against sanctions.
    Anonymous