BORED 2 YEAR OLD?

My son will be 2 next month and I swear he's bored. We play with him and really LOVE to play with him but its like if we are not entertaining him 100% of the time, he starts whining. He has cars, trucks, crayons, puzzles - he does not watch tv or movies ( his own choice - he has NO interest ) we make forts, do art projects, go to the park, take walks outside, play outside. but he just will not play by himself. I am afraid it will start affecting his creativity and imagination skills. Plus the whining is getting really Frustrating. He crys and whines more than most newborns do. You can only distract and be fun and creative so many Hours in a day. I am at a loss lately with him. Me and my husband are very much in love and very much love our son but I am wondering why he seems so bored or unhappy all the time. He's fine medically cause I've had SOO many tests done to figure out why he acts so miserable all the time,.. any idea?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Library trips are fun too, they have story time and different things the kids can do. I take mine once a week, it's fun for me too, because when they are in story time, I get to socialize with the other mom's. (plus it's free:))
    mereinhart28

Answer by mereinhart28 at 10:58 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• find a play group or two a week! sometimes older kids will inspire some imaginative play in younger kids, where it wasnt present before.
    kdpatty

Answer by kdpatty at 3:18 PM on Oct. 13, 2009