Were you and your SO/last ex-boyfriend friends before you started dating or did you rush into it without really knowing eachother? How did it work out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• My Story (OP Here) - Me and my ex-boyfriend didnt really know anything about eachother before we started dating... after a while, we started fighting all the time and it never really felt like we were close to eachother. We ended up breaking up two years later after a really dysfuctional, bad relationship and now we cant even look at eachother.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• My husband and I started out by dating, and from the first date, he was the only one for me. We both knew. Two weeks after we met he told me he was going to marry me. A year after we met we were married. We had romantic chemistry from the beginning. We've been married for 21 years, so I think it's worked out pretty well.......
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:07 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• OP here - I am catholic and I believe in god... I also believe that things happen for a reason. I just think we failed because we rushed into this instead of getting to know eachother first.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• As cheesy as it sounds, I knew on my first date that my husband was "the one". We had our first date September 22, and was married on January 25. We have been married almost 10 years, so I think it worked out just fine. 10 years later, he is still "the one", the love of my life.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 11:12 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• OP here again - We have been split up for a month and I refused to talk to him the whole time... he is moving on but I seem to be stuck. It was my decision to break up with him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I listen to music that seems to get me through the day but I am not overly religious... I wont be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• OP here - Did I forget to mention that I broke up with him because he has a drinking problem. He said he had been working on it after I broke up with him but I cant go back, not after everything we have been through.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• nope, we met and have been together ever since

Answer by admckenzie at 11:17 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Maybe he's not the one.......wait for the right guy. You said he has moved on, wait for a guy that's more together, it has nothing to do with whether you jumped into things quickly.......it has more to do with whether he was really ...the one....for you. You deserve a guy that has his act together (not a drinking problem)....and makes your heart beat faster. Don't settle for less.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:25 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• We rushed into it. Married 5 years and still going strong.

We never stop talking and we never stop learning new things about each other.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 11:33 AM on Oct. 13, 2009