How soon before a move do you start to pack up your house?

Do you pack in any particular order?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well with the military we dont pack it they do but before the military i would pack up the house in less then 3 days...but i also didnt have kids. This is the order i go in. Bedroom(leaving only the things that you need such as clothes) Kids room's (leaving a few toys out till the day of the move) Living room, Office if you have one, Bathrooms(leaving out tolietpaper and stuff to shower with) Kitchen. Make sure the kitchen is last because you want to be able to still make food. And everything that you left out when you were packing you throw in a box and away you go! Bake sure you mark boxes that has stuff in it you will need right away so you know what to open first. This way you get what you need such as clothes and stuff for the kids. You dont want your first boxes opened to be books and movies...Good luck =)
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:13 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• My family is EXTREMELY anal about packing...
    They start packing a month early..which tends to work out well come moving day...but its aggrivating at the time....
    I on the other hand love to pack last minute stress out...and im soo not organized...i pack room by room, the things we dont need first...i try to leave out only what we use daily...other than that put it in boxes...then the last week pack it but leave the boxes open just in case, tape them on moving day and call it quits!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Well, if a month early is anal, I don't know what I am. We moved last year, and I started packing as soon as I knew we planned on moving.....nearly a year ahead!! We've been married 21 years, and have 3 kids...lots of stuff. I started by sorting through the garage and closets, getting rid of anything we didn't need anymore, and packing what we wouldn't need to use over the next few months. I made labels on the computer, numbered them, put them on the box, and made a copy for a notebook. (I can find anything I need even if it's still in a box!)

Then I went through the house and packed things like pictures, nic nacs, things that we didn't actually use, and from there, slowly packed other items. Sold things in garage sales, took lots to Salvation Army, and sent plenty to the dump.

I made sure that at the end, the items we needed to unpack 1st had bright yellow labels that couldn't be missed.

Good Luck!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:19 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• as soon as I could I started packing.

start with the nicknacks and unnessential "stuff" then as the move gets closer just add more and more.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:31 AM on Oct. 13, 2009