Charley horse help!!

Best ways to get rid of or prevent them please!?!?!? I have had them too often and they make it painful to get out of bed the morning after one. They hit in the middle of the night, and i am grateful my hubby is there to help massage them out, but need other suggestions please! I am 25, almsot 26 weeks pregnant

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well to get rid of them you just have to walk around. to prevent them..... try increasing your potassium (eat a banana a day), make sure you are drinking plenty of water (8 cups a day), and remember to take your pre-natal every day.... hope that helps
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:23 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• when I was really pregnant with my first I'd wake up with them all the time. I found that rubbing helped.. start off really lightly and as they start to fade rub harder.. within a few instances you'll have the process down and it will only take a couple minutes to get rid of one. As far as preventing them, like the PP said, a bananna every day, take your prenatals, and drink a big glass of water before bed.. or after the last time you get up to pee in the middle of the night (lol.. I never had issues with sleeping through the night so for me it was before bed)
    Hoping to do these things from the beginning this time to avoid them in the first place! Good luck~!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 12:44 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• OMG! I feel your pain I always get them at least once a week, its kind of predictable with me. Same as you my hubby massages them out. I think I freak him out because I scream honey get it, get it, and then he realizes what I amtalking about. It is the most painful thing. The next day you wake up and your leg kills. Just as everyone else has said either lack of potassium otr you need to drink more water. Try streching your legs and have your hubby massage them alittlebit before you go to bed this will help eliminate the charlie horse from creeping up on you. Good luck.
    brkr082005

Answer by brkr082005 at 3:17 PM on Oct. 13, 2009