Anyone get pregnant with the pull out method?

Im just curious.. Im not pregnant, but we are planning on TTCing next cycle. I just really am curious how many women think that the pull out method is somewhat reliable, and have gotten pregnant doing this. Does anyone know the chances of this. I know there is still sperm on the pre-ejaculation(pre-cum).

I have been off BC for 9 months now, and we have just been using condoms, but a few days ago(while ovulating) hubby tried the pull out method, just to be curious what happens, since we will be trying next cycle anyways. So let me know ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you can get pregnant that way, it's kinda like DUAH!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• You CAN get preg. but its ont as likely..i had sex using that method no other protection for 3 years and NOTHING! no preg. no scares, nothing!!....freak of nature...i have a son now, and Im expecting again so it wasnt a fertility issue!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• The only form of birth control me and hubby use going on 6 years and we only have the one child we planned. We also have a very active sex life. I think it depends on the "goalie" making sure nothing gets in the "net", but some men are careless and let that one drunk night slip by and opps you got a BFP. IMO it depends on the guy and how careful he wants to be.
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 11:38 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Yep, my third baby is a 'pulling out baby.' My understanding is that the withdrawal method is about 80% effective. This is comparable to some barrier methods of bc. So it does have a certain degree of effectiveness, but also about a 20% failure rate. It was not a lack of being 'careful' of dh's part- we were honestly in that 20%.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:49 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• yup.. got pregnant both times with the pull out method. It's a crap shoot.. doesn't work for bc at all.. there's sperm in the pre-ejaculatory fluid and THAT"s the stuff that'll get you pregnant if he pulls out.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 12:36 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• that's how my first baby girl came to be! That method was never trusted with us again!
    xxluvya

Answer by xxluvya at 1:10 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• That's how my son was concieved! Lol!
    Anonymous

• Well I wouldnt know I am on my first pregnancy and didnt worry about trying not to get pregnant, my hubby and I wanted to anyway. But my friend who has four kids had the last two back to back. After having her daughter she and her hubby couldnt wait the 6 weeks so they thought the pull out method was a gurantee... guess what she got pregnant again and the kids are only a few months apart! I am glad she shared this with me, because I am not trying to get pregnant back to back!
    brkr082005

Answer by brkr082005 at 3:15 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• If your talkin about pre cum, lol, im not real smart on this stuff but thats how i got preg with my son was with pre cum.
    wishingmommy1

Answer by wishingmommy1 at 3:13 PM on Oct. 14, 2009