I was wonder how to solve this and my husband and I are on differant pages when it comes to this.
I don't see the problem with the kids getting candy at school, but my husband does. He sees that my son gets out of control and we know what causes it. It's the red dyes in the candy. It's not fair to my daughther, that he get's it and she doesn't.
Also I don't think it's fair that the other kids can have candy, and they can't. In fact he almost doesn't want to have the kids involved with any of the school parties and I just don't think that's right.
Any and all suggestions and comments are welcome.
Answer by mominbolt at 11:54 AM on Oct. 13, 2009
Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:55 AM on Oct. 13, 2009
Answer by ohwrite at 12:13 PM on Oct. 13, 2009
Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Oct. 13, 2009
Answer by staceynoel at 1:05 PM on Oct. 13, 2009
Your son just has to learn to deal with it. My son didn't like chocolate and that's any kind of chocolate related things. He didn't eat and it wasn't because he was allergric it's just that he didn't like it. Every Halloween he get really discouraged because most of the treats were chocolate related. Or school parties treats had chocolate but it didn't bother him or did I ever had to talk to teachers about it in telling her not to tell other parents not to bring non-chocolate treats. After it was my son's problem not everyone else's. So my son just learned to deal with. Such is life.
Answer by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Oct. 13, 2009
Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 8:28 PM on Oct. 13, 2009
Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 9:12 AM on Oct. 14, 2009
Answer by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Oct. 14, 2009
Check out some of the top posts today in Groups: