• In the Spotlight:

What do you do or want to do when someone comes over to your house trying to get you to convert to their religion?

I want to punch them in the face... I dont preach to people about my religion and I dont like it when people preach to me about theirs.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i be polite and listen and act interrested lol and be happy when they leave lol .. but what i wanna do is shut door in there face
    ashley_nick30

Answer by ashley_nick30 at 11:53 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Send DH to the door---something about the piercings and tattoos that make them walk away...
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 11:55 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I usually tell them no thank you and shut the door.
    But what i'd like to do is let them in, and listen to their preaching, and then have my turn at telling them about what i believe. :)
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:58 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I listen. I'm genuinely interested in what they have to say. I love learning new things about different religions. I let them know up front that I'm not going to convert, but that I would like to hear what they have to say. I read the materials they drop off and everything. Doesn't bother me a bit.

It used to, though. One time when I was still livign at home a Jehovah's Witness came to the door and my poor little sister couldn't disengage them. So I yelled in a really agitated tone "Get that goat out of here! I told you not to let it bleed in the sacrificial circle yet!" lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:58 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I tell them I admire them for their passion and faith, but no thanks!

Answer by older at 12:04 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I say no thanks.. and when they see me with my hijab ( head cover) they assume I am a lost cause. LOL> so they dont' waste their breath on THIS long gone sheep. lol. my other friend ( she does not wear the head cover) hands them pamphlets about Islam in return.. lol
    proud2bmom3

Answer by proud2bmom3 at 12:08 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• invite them in, offer them a beer or a gin and tonic, maybe they'll loosen up a bit and spill all the secrets.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 12:11 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I invite them in, make tea and chat.... I love it. But we ususally only see them out once every few years around here... In fact the last time I saw the Mormons was in 2005... JW don't usually stop at all because this is my grams house and she is a JW, so they assume she still lives here. They showed up about 2 years ago, once they saw me they just wanted to come see the kids. They don't do the convert thing with me cause they know me.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:22 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• There is no need for rudeness. And we can't assume they are JW or Mormons, we have a couple of non-denominational churchs here that go door to door. I've never had anyone persist once I tell them I have a home church and I'm not interested in changing.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:29 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• If it's Jehovah Witnesses just tell us you don't want us to call at your house and want it noted. We keep a list of everyone who doesn't want any calls at all. If you don't want to wait for us to be working your area again to then tell us we're not welcome, get hold of the local number of Jehovah's Witnesses and call us ahead instead. Please try not to be offended by us having called. Obviously, you are satisfied with your religion & the hope you have because of it. We're looking for those that aren't satisfied. Hope this helps a little.
    Mamkind

Answer by Mamkind at 12:33 PM on Oct. 13, 2009