Anyone ever make a barbie cake?

I am going to make a barbie cake for my daughters birthday this weekend. I never made one before. I have been researching to figure out exactly what to do. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to help me out?

tinaaly

Asked by tinaaly at 12:17 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Find an ovenproof mixing bowl or very large measuring cup, pyrex works well, or Pampered Chef batter bowls. Make a cake mix cake and bake it in a greased & floured whatever you decide to use. Bake until done. Let cool for 10 min. & remove from cup or bowl. Turn upside down so it looks like a bell with the smaller end on top. Wrap a Barbie's legs in plastic wrap and stick her in the middle so that it looks like she's got a big skirt. You can then frost Barbie & the cake together. Usually it's done with a star decorating tip but if you're careful you can do it with a knife. Decorate as desired.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 1:10 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 1:11 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I've made the cake that these ladies are talking about w/the barbie in the middle and the cake is her skirt. It was pretty easy and turned out great! Your d will love it - gl!
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 1:58 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Michigan mom has it right, that's how i make mine and my mother made them like that for me :)
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 5:33 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• When my daughter was small, my mom would bake a bundt cake, and stick barbie in the middle with mini-marshmallow bubbles.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:36 PM on Oct. 13, 2009