Who has children very cloes in age?

My daughter is 21 months and will be 2 in januarty 2010.... We are trying to conceive again and i was wondering how it is with two small ones cloes in age...I would love to give my daughter a little brother or sister ... do you thnk its too soon? just curious on what everyone thinks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My ds is 25 months and we are 16 weeks pregnant! I have a lady at church who's kids are 11 months apart, and it was not planned, but it happens. You do what works for your family! If you are ready then go for it!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 12:31 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Our 2 youngest are 13 months apart. They are buddies! It was so sweet when they were babies, now they're 6 and 7 and the best of friends!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:34 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I have 3 (pregnant with the 3rd). My oldest 2 are 26 months apart and my youngest 2 will be 13 months apart, a total of 3 kids in 39 months. It has it's ups and downs and I don't even know what the future will bring when the baby arrives but I definitely love being a mother and having all girls who are so close. They will be best friends when they're older.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I have an 18 mo. old and am due next month with my second....so they'll be 19 mo. apart. So far, the end of the pregnancy has been pretty rough with an 18 mo. old - you don't get to rest when you need it when you have a toddler to worry about and she's still too young to really understand that I need to sit down, etc. In addition, 16 - 18 mo. is a common time for them to become more clingy which totally happened with mine...she never used to be a hip baby but insists on it now (that I'm huge and don't have much of a hip left). Plus, with the second pregnancy, Braxton Hicks are more common...and I have had a ton of them!!! However, from what I've heard from other mothers, if you can get through the first year with the second one...it can be very satisfying to have them so close. They very often become great playmates and end up taking a lot of the work off of you.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 2:16 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• My 1st and 2nd are 2 years,4 months apart; and my 2nd and 3rd are 18 months apart. They are really close and play together all the time. Number 2 and 3 I potty trained at the same time (my son was a little over 3, his sister wasn't yet 2) and they went through a lot of developmental stages at the same time. It's fun because they are in to the same things as far as toys and they watch out for one another at school.
    It's really hard when they're young, really hard. But when they are a little older it is SO much easier because they entertain one another.

Answer by missanc at 2:34 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• My kids are 14 months apart. If I could go back there would be at least 4 or 5 years between them! Haveing them so close has only added to the parenting issues. All they do is fight and they are both so young that they still both need constant attention!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:59 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• i had my ds when my dd was 23 mts
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:17 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• My 2 girls are 22 months apart.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 9:07 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• My girls are 9 months, 3 weeks, 4 days, 6 hours and 44 mins apart. I would do it all again. They are in the same grade in school and wear the same size. It's like having twins but with 2 pgs. It has had it's challenges but nothing I couldn't handle. GL
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 12:44 AM on Oct. 14, 2009