gall bladder

i had my gall bladder removed 7 months ago and its just been a nightmare. after everything i eat i have to run to the bathroom and have severe stomach pains. i travel alot and i constantly have to stop. some people say their doctor wont give them anything bc its just a side effect and others say their doctors prescribed meds. why would doctors not do anything if they could? i just got on tricare and im not sure if theyd give me anything or not. anyone have any experience like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Health

• I have more problems now than when i had my gallbladder. I wish i would have just kept the thing. I have really really bad acid reflux now!! Maybe that could be your problem. I take Nexium everyday and it seems to help.
    Anonymous

• There is a possibility that not all the stones were removed. When I had my surgery, it took them 3 days to finally figure this out, they had also discharged me and I had to go back. They couldn't see anything with an X-ray nor an ultrasound, they had to use a camera through my mouth, but they were able to "push" it out of the way.
    Good luck!
    sauterelledesil

Answer by sauterelledesil at 12:53 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• i was thinking the same thing today....but then i remembered laying on the floor screaming in pain while my 3 week old sat there.... i guess this is a lil better but still painful. i just want some kind of med to make it bearable.
    Anonymous

• Try taking something over the counter. I noticed I have trouble with tomato based products. I can't eat spaghetti or a lot of red meat. High fat foods are really bad. Try changing your diet.
    Anonymous

• know what... it's tricare, go for a doctors visit and ask, you won't get charged and the worst thing that will happen is them telling you to wait it out. I wish you the best and please take advantage of thosse benefits that you work so hard for!
    hnye23

Answer by hnye23 at 1:40 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Yikes, I have the same prob. I had my gall bladder out just over a year ago and didn't know there was even a medication they could give. I was pretty much resigned to the fact that I will always have this issue now. Especially with egg products. Though after the severe gall bladder attacks and finally driving myself to the ER at 4 in the AM honestly thinking I was having a heart attack and I was going to die I guess it's not toooooo bad. Good luck.
    mellio5

Answer by mellio5 at 1:52 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Wow. I had my gall bladder out ten years ago and never a problem since. I would see the doc; sounds like there's something they didn't get.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:08 PM on Oct. 13, 2009